Chapter 7: A Day Out

Winter's POV

        "Winter, it's Saturday!" I hear Cameron shout as she jumps on my bed. "And you know what that means" she continued though I wasn't really listening, I was half asleep. I felt my mind drift off and what felt like seconds later cold ice water was being poured on me. "Cameron!" I yelled trying to sit up but I tragically failed, rolling off the bed instead. I stop myself from grumbling a few choice words in front of Cameron.

        "Pancakes sound good?" I ask in defeat, knowing I won't get a wink of sleep with her hungry. I look up to see her frantically nodding and smile, she's so cute! "Now get out, I'll be down in a moment" I order pushing her out of my room as best I can. "Promise?" she questions, holding out her pinky. A grin forms on her face as I link my pinky with hers whispering a 'I promise'.

        After she leaves the room I throw on a pair of mismatched socks, a The Used t-shirt, and dark blue skinny jeans. I tease my hair a bit and move on to my makeup. As I'm covering the bruise that had slightly washed off I blush, remembering the gentle, yet innocent, touch. Why am I thinking? I can't be attracted to my therapist. I mean, it's probably just a crush, it'll wear off; I'm just not use to being treated kindly.

        I shake the thoughts from my head and make my way downstairs. I grab out the recipe for pancakes and in no time breakfast is served. "Cam-" I start but I can already hear her little footsteps rushing to the kitchen. "Yay!" She cheered, running around the table with her arms out like an airplane. She pulled out a chair and sat down, ripping her pancakes apart with her hands.

        She tilts her head to the side in confusion and looks at me. "Why aren't you eating?" She asks just as my stomach growls. I hold back a sigh answering her almost a little too quickly "I am, I just wanted to see what you thought". "Amazing, as always" She replies eyeing my in a childish discreet way as I took a bite from a plate. Before I can stop myself I've already eaten a whole pancake.

        When I realize what I've done I freeze, feeling the weight of the pancake in my stomach. "Finish up your breakfast then go watch some TV, okay?" I call to Cameron before sprinting up stairs; the pancake weighing my already fat self down. I made my way into the bathroom and turned on the taps. I pulled up the toilet seat and layered the water lightly with toilet paper. I was already familiar with the routine and brought my food up without having to use my gag reflex.

I felt the food move around in my stomach before spewing into the toilet. It burned my throat and chest as I threw all my inside into the toilet. My stomach squeezed painfully one last time before I felt tears prick my eyes. I can't get all of the food out of my stomach. I stood up, flushing the toilet and turning the taps off regrettably.

        After brushing my teeth multiple times I threw a stick of mint gum into my mouth. After waiting until my breath and throat felt fresh enough, I left. "Winter" my mother's voice stopped me as I was walking down the stairs. I turned around silently and looked her in the eyes so she knew I was listening. "Take Cameron out of the house for the day, I'm going to be-" she said, cutting herself off as she searched for words.

        "Needing the house, so get out" my mother ordered, tapping her watch twice. I sighed but continued walking down that stairs. Does she think I don't know she cheats? Of course I know she does, how could I not? I have to take Cameron out every time a navy blue truck comes in the driveway.

        If that wasn't enough information, I once forgot my sweater and walked in on this. I shuddered remembering that; not only was I scarred for life mentally that day, but-. My hand trailed the scar on my stomach where she cut it open. "Cameron, we're going to the park" I called and made my way to the door, slipping on my DC shoes. "Coming!" Cameron yelled, sprinting toward the door.

*Time Skip*

        "One medium cookie dough ice cream in a cone, please" Cameron said, grinning widely as she ordered. The man at the shop nodded, going into the freezer and taking 2 scoops. "Here you go, and that'll be 2.50" the man stated, shifting his gaze over two me. I nodded, passing him a toonie and a two quarters. The park just so happened to be right next to the ice cream shop. A man with red hair who was sitting on a bench caught my attention.

        I immediately knew it was and started walking in the other direction. "But Winter, the park's that way" wined Cameron which caused Blaze to look over from the bench. "Winter?" he said, walking up to Cameron and I. She found now was the time to become shy and hid behind my leg. "Yeah. Um, this is my little sister Cameron" I answered, smiling down at him; yes, I was taller then him by 2 or 3 inches.

        He grinned then looked down to Cameron, kneeling down to her height. "Hey, I'm Blaze" he introduced himself, and I found it adorable the way her eyes lit up. "I like you." She states before running behind him and jumping on his back. He let out a 'oof' then straightened his back, making sure she didn't fall. "So, what's this I hear about the park?" Blaze questioned, turning his head to smile back up at Cameron.

        She quickly jumped off his back and ran towards the park, tapping me on the arm quickly as she went. "You're it!" She called when she reached the top of the slide. I laughed, tagging Blaze as I ran towards the monkey bars. Blaze went after Cameron while I climbed on top of the bars then across them until I was high enough Cameron or Blaze couldn't reach me. I was grinning ear to ear when Blaze caught Cameron and she looked towards me, only to find she couldn't get me.

        Blaze knelt beside her and whispered something in her ear. I made a confused face as they both ran towards me. "Cheaters!" I screamed as Blaze put Cameron on top of his shoulders and she touched my foot. She giggled as they both ran away, into the forest-like-area-thing. I jumped from the bars, sprinting after them.

        I say Blaze talking to Cameron and my curiosity took the best of me. I made sure to hide well behind a large tree and bush. "-you're father ever hit Winter?" I heard Blaze question as I picked up on the last half of what he was saying. I felt a bubble of anger grow in me, how dare he try to get information out of Cameron. I stormed into the situation just as Cameron nodded her head know and grabbed her hand. "Come on, we're going home now" I told Cameron sweetly, watching as she ran ahead of me. "And you, I should have known that was the only reason you were here. You don't care" I spat, storming away.

I know there is some pretty large time skips, but they're needed.

Anyway, surprised there is an update and it's not Sunday?

Why might you ask?

CAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I FELT CHEERY! 

Though now I have nothing to update for Sunday 0-0

I'll try...

That's all

Seeya <3