Chapter 6: Not The Best Of Days

Blaze's POV

                I groan, opening my eyes as the late afternoon sunlight hits my face. Wait, it shouldn't be this late, right? I sat up straight and looked at the clock. I'm going to be late! Skipping breakfast I threw on a random pair of pants and a top, not caring to look professional.

                I rushed out the door and into my car, speeding the whole way there. By the time I was situated in my office chair I still had 5 minutes to spare. I took a look at what I was wearing and laughed slightly. A Black Veil Brides shirt and a pair of white jeans, awesome; but not very professional. I went to the coffee machine and grabbed a drink before sitting back down in my chair.

        I slowly bring my hand up, distracted by my tired thoughts, and take a sip of my mocha. "Shit" I whisper under my breath, shaking my head and taking a deep breath to cool my mouth. Fuck, burning your tongue and spilling your drink is a bitch isn't it? Did I mention my swearing increases when I'm in pain or pissed? Well, it just so happens that it does.

                I scratch down my thumb once to avert the pain elsewhere. Lifting up my shirt slightly to cool my burned stomach I sigh in relief.  Today certainty hasn't been one of the best days. First I was almost late to work because my alarm didn't go off and now I spilt my mocha and burnt myself, smart right? "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Jessica's voice filled my ears and I looked up to see her walking towards me.

                I bit back a rude retort and simply nodded. "I'm fine, just a little burn" I reassured her, waving my hand slightly as to say it was okay for her to leave. She didn't take the hint though; I zoned out of her seemingly endless blabber and stared at the door. "Um, I could come back later?" Winter's voice cut through my thoughts and I looked up. Jessica cut herself off and glanced at Winter.

                "Aw, he's adorable isn't he" She squealed, moving closer to him. "The blue hair and the cute little shirt" She continued referring to the Sleeping with Sirens shirt he was wearing. “You better not break the rule” She teased, looking towards me and giggling. “What rule?” Winter questioned, cocking her head to the side in confusion. “He can’t date you. Wait, how old are you?” She asked staring intently, probably trying to guess for herself

        “Seventeen, almost eighteen” He replied, looking embarrassed but yet not at the same time. You couldn’t see a blush or anything, but the way he stood suggested he was. I brushed off the fact, for now, and ushered Jessica out of the room. “Sorry about her” I mumbled giving him a smile and motioning for him to sit down. After taking a seat we sit there for a moment, consumed in an awkward silence.

        “So, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened the last day?” I asked, causing Winter to look up at me. His expression changed to scared for a moment, but only for a moment before changing to a cool and collected look. “Nothing really, just school which is boring, as usual” His said, but I caught his voice shaking slightly. His hand moved to scratch the back of his neck but rubbed the side of his face slightly. I didn’t notice it right away but when I did I couldn’t move nor talk.

        He had wiped off what I assume to be makeup from his face. This left a large purple bruise on his cheek. When I finally got over the shock I stood up and walked over to his chair. He leaned back confused when I reached my hand out but I only shook my head. I put my hand on his cheek and rubbed off a little bit more of the makeup to reveal the bruise.

        “Where did you get this bruise?” I asked, anger filling my voice. I have no idea why I was so angry. I mean, sure, I’d be angry if anyone was ever beaten, but I was more than angry. I was furious; wanting to kill the person who hurt him. He gulped once before looking up at me. My gaze softened, a little, when I saw how scared he looked.

Winter’s POV

                Blaze motioned for me to sit and I did, though none of us talked. I worked on making the heat from my face leave; I don’t know why I got so embarrassed from what that girl said. “So, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened the last day?” He asked, and I looked up from the patterned floor that I found oh-so-interesting. The thoughts of the previous night consumed me and I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from crying. “Nothing really, just school which is boring, as usual” I said as emotionlessly as I could.

                I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck and looked to the side. When I looked back at Blaze, who had been silent for some time, he was right in front of me. I started to lean back when he reached his hand out but by the look on his face I moved back to where I was before. His hand brushed the side of my face and I couldn’t help the heat that enveloped my cheeks. “Where did you get this bruise?” He growled and I froze in my seat.

        Shit, how did he know to check? I nervously looked up at him and gulped at his expression. His face softened a little, but not much. “J-just some kids at school, nothing for you to worry about” I mumbled, half lying. I moved my hand to hide the bruise and looked down.

        “That’s not nothing!” He yelled grabbing my hand and moving it. I looked up at him shocked, why does he care so much? I felt tears prick my eyes, but for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to move my gaze. We stood there for a moment, just staring at each other. My mind took over my body again and I broke the moment by getting up and leaving calling back an ‘I’m fine’. Because that’s what I always tell everyone right? I’m fine…

I know, I should update more often.

But the thing is, I can't update on weekdays! 

I've planned out the whole damn story so it won't drag on for too long BUT I CAN'T WRITE IT!

*Sigh* Oh well.

That's all...

Seeya <3