J (Chapter 14)

*Edited*

Casey's POV

"What do you need?"  I asked Rick as he pulled me aside. If this was another one of his 'I'm watching you, stay away from Carl' talks, then I am uninterested.

"What was that?" He asked glancing back at Carl. I shrugged as Carl glanced over to us curiously.

"What?" I asked looking back at Carl who looked away from us.

"You risked your life for his.  That was stupid."

"Well usually when someone saves your son, you thank them.  Not call them stupid, you're the stupid one." I laughed, "Yeah, that's what I'll call you, stupid Grimes."  I replied rolling my eyes.

"You could have died."

"He could have died."

"You know you talked when you were in that coma.  (I really don't know what happens in a coma so just go with it lmao) And some of the things you said, you haven't told us."  He said. I froze up even though I have nothing to hide. Just the thought of saying something bad gives me chills.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Let's see, your father is alive, you tried to kill yourself, and you are some scientific genius."  He said and I laughed a little. From surviving in the apocalypse I didn't have time to think about how I skipped a grade in school. And I didn't want to think about Dad, and how he left. The memory of them was fading.

That's some of the things I didn't mention, and didn't want to mention.  Yes, I did try to kill myself  by jumping out of tall tree. I didn't tell anyone because it was no one's business how I felt. It didn't work obviously, I guess the tree wasn't tall enough. I didn't even break a bone. It was impossible, but nothing happened.

Yes my father is alive but I don't talk about it. He left me and I'm not over it. I don't plan on getting over it any time soon.  He could be dead for all I know. And yes I am a scientific genius.   I know things people don't but that doesn't change who I am out here. My memories are fading and all I can remember was being out in those woods. I have glimpses of my family and school but besides that I only know the apocalypse. I only know death and destruction. I can't dwell on the past. The present and future is what matters. Carl matters. Finding a cure, if there is one, matters.

"So, maybe I didn't want to tell anyone."  I replied shrugging. "It's none of your business, it's useless information that won't harm anyone."

"Tell me this, why would you want to kill yourself?" He asked, a little softer than before. It's a touchy subject that made me uncomfortable. But it happened and I can't change that.

"Well, the world was falling apart, most of my family was dead, my dad left me when my brother was dying.  I would never get to see anyone I loved again.  I was falling apart." He pressed his lips together not exactly being able to fight back.

"Why wouldn't you tell us you're a scientific genius?"

"What would it be worth now a days?  So, I know things people don't.  I don't like to talk about it!"  I almost yelled. "All I am to you is that immune girl!"

He ignored my last comment. "Why would your dad leave you?"

"My family was bit and I wanted to help them.  Well my brother, I was trying to help him and my dad ran off.  Then my brother died, turned, and bit me.  Anything else you wanna know, stupid Grimes?" I asked.

"Who was your family? What were they're names?  I don't even know your full name." He said. Something inside me just bubbled up.

"My name is Casey Grace Jones I was born December 6th.  My mother was Dede Jones, my brother was Chandler Jones, my sister was Bethany Jones, and my father was Joshua Jones. He didn't like that name so everyone called him..." He interrupted me.

"J?"

"Yes J, now mind your business and I'll be back before dark."  I said heading for the woods.

"Wait no you can't go!" He yelled and I turned around glaring at him.

"I'll be back!" I yelled back.  I entered the woods and looked around. I just needed to be alone. I just need to breath and let off some steam.

J's POV

I was in the woods alone.  It's been awhile since I was in the woods.  I was at a house I found.  I wondered a lot how Rick is doing. He was the last living human I saw.

My thoughts stopped as I saw a horse with a saddle on it.  I took a piece of paper and wrote J on it.  I put it on the horse and scared it away.  I scared it to where it looked like it came from. Maybe it's home is nearby.

I then realized that was stupid.  I could of used it instead of walking. Or I could of ate it.  Well it's to late now.  I should probably head back to that house, I do have food I found.  I should be good for now. I'll see you again, Rick Grimes.

Rick's POV

"Yes J."  Is all I heard from her mouth before I blanked out.  She headed into the woods and I couldn't stop her.

J was her father!  Should I tell her.  'Oh yeah your dad is alive and he saved my life.'

An hour later she came back.  She had something with her but I couldn't tell what it was.  And I didn't really care.  I decided not to tell her about her father until I knew for sure. I didn't know if she was angry or not. It was none of my business to interrogate her like that. But if she was going to be in Carl's life I couldn't have her ruining him.

That night she was sitting with Carl as they ate dinner. She looked over to a tree, laying against it was a guitar. She got up and picked it up.

"You know how to play?" Glenn asked getting everyone's attention.

"Yeah, I took lessons." She replied shrugging.

"Of course you do." Carl said trying not to laugh.

"And what does that supposed to mean?" She asked smiling.

"I'm not the only one here who thinks it , but you know how to do everything." He said smiling.

"Agreed." Everyone laughed.

"Well."

She sat down with the guitar and started to play. She was really good. She played a song, I don't know the name of it. We all sat there and listened. But all that was going through my head was J. Was he immune like Casey? Is there something in her blood, her genes that made her the way she is? Or maybe she's hiding more. How did she become so smart? Was she in some special school or lab that made her this way? There's one thing I needed to confirm,

J was Casey's father.

Sorry for the short chapter. Anyways do you think J is really her dad? I have over 300 reads, that's not bad!!! Comment what you think please! Much Love!