Pretty Much An Ordinary Day!

I got up in the morning, happy! Somehow I knew today was gonna be a happy day. How? I don't know! I checked my phone, it was 7:35. I got up and walked to my closet, and pulled out a purple waist high skirt and a plain white blouse. I picked out my brown boots and layed it all out on my bed and ran to take a shower. I was out in 10 minutes.

I put on my clothes and added a simple heart necklace and beige beanie. I put on some light make up and feeling satisfied with myself I walked downstairs and started making bacon and eggs for breakfast. I heard the door open and Elle came in. She sniffed for a second before hugging me from behind.

''Hey Andy'' she said releasing me.

''Hey Elle! How was your little sleepover?'' I asked and Mike too entered the kitchen. She hugged him too. She always did that after a sleepover, I think its her way of showing that she missed us.

They both took a seat and started banging their fists on the table in a steady rythm chanting ''We want breakfast'' I laughed at their childish behaviours and grabbed 3 plates and laid them down before setting the food too. I walked to the fridge deciding whether to get pineapple or orange juice.

''Hey get me a coke'' said Mike.

''If Mike gets one so do I'' said Elle.

''Neither of you get coke! You can have orange or pineapple juice if you want?'' I said and took both the cartons out.

''Aaaw come on Andy'' whined Mike.

''No way!'' I said sternly. What is he thinking? Coke when he's barely even gotten up!

''Fine, I'll have some pineapple juice then'' and poured himself some in a glass. Elle too took the pineapple too so I put the orange back in the fridge since I too wanted pineapple. We all sat and ate silently, as usual. I hadn't turned to see the doorway but now that I had, I wish I hadn't!

Mom was standing there, the whole time I suppose, and had a hurt look on her face but I couldn't care! This was my usual routine and if she was here for 2 days I couldn't change that. Once finished I left all the dishes in the sink, telling myself to clean them when I get home. It was 8:22 now, so Mike and Elle went upstairs to their rooms to get dressed for school.

''Elle who are you riding with today?'' I yelled outside her door.

''Mike said he'd drive me'' she replied. I nodded then realized she couldn't see me.

''Okay'' I walked to Mike's room next confirming with him if he was driving her. When he said yes, I went to my room to grab my bag. When we were all ready it was 8:40. We all went outside and Mike and Elle went to Mike's car while I walked to my baby! Oh I hadn't driven her for soooo long! Just as I was about to sit inside, Aaron's jeep honked, making me jump. I scowled at him but put my car keys inside my bag and headed for his car.

''Hey you'' he said as I entered.

''Hey to you too'' I smiled.

''So you get any sleep last night?'' he asked, trying not to chuckle but he slipped up and ended up laughing.

''You done?'' I asked him. ''Actually I slept very well, thank you''

''Maybe cause you were dreaming about me? That text I sent you!'' he joked.

''Pervert!'' I yelled but we both knew it was only teasing. He just chuckled and winked, resulting with me rolling my eyes and then we fell silent. But it wasn't awkward, it was the comfortable silence. In 10 minutes we were at school. I got out and walked over to Em and the rest and Aaron following. They were talking about our plan to go iceskating tomorrow with Kyle and the rest of the lot.