Chapter 5

Layla Cortdale

"Well...."

"We'll what?" I confusedly asked dad

"Why did you get sent to the principals?"

"Umm..."

"Layla" dad said in a stern voice

"To be honest, I don't even know, Ms. Ryan, the human teacher, caught me in the hallway without a pass and sent me to the principal, shes a bitch!"

"Layla, don't say that, and honestly I really don't care, I know your a good kid, but your mom wanted me to talk to you about this and she's not happy to hear you got sent to the principal, but just don't let it happen again, understand?"

"Yes dad" I answered

"So how's softball?"

"Okay, but I've been slacking, I need to go to practice more often"

"Yes you do, the playoffs are a couple months away, right?"

"Yeah, I can't wait, but are we there yet"

"Only two hours left"

"Okay" I said and than started to doze off

"Layla, Layla"

"Five more minutes, dad"

"Layla we're here"

I groaned and looked out the window, the mansion was beautiful, I stepped from the black car, gaping at the large mansion that set beyond the sidewalk. The cream coating of the paint shined as the sun beat down on it, causing me to squint. Uniquely twisted fencing kept the house enclosed, neatly trimmed hedges surrounded the house. The roof was peaked, slanting down at an angle. The windows had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them, drawn so that the sunlight could stream through.

As I stepped onto the sidewalk, I noticed a marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn. An angel holding a flower was perched on top, looking up towards the sky. Water spurted from its other hand, which lay gently out in front of it, as if waiting for someone to take it in return. The water fell gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it, causing ripples to form and wave out until they were no more. Bushes trimmed into all sorts of animals and people that surrounded the mansion. The beach lay just beyond the backyard, grass forming into sand, bushes and hedges turning into sand dunes. This place hasn't changed much, I thought to myself. As we were walking towards the house, my wolf started to get jittery, but I pushed her aside. As I looked around, I noticed we were accompanied by ten of my dad's top wolves. There were also little pups playing in the back of the mansion, I smiled at that. I turned around and went inside the mansion. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside, I'm in love. The walls were covered in many beautiful paintings, the black and white linoleum floor of the entrance glowed, obviously having been cleaned before the guests arrived. Stairs lay across the room, climbing toward the ceiling. A doorway was on either side of the room, one admitting you into the kitchen, the other into the living room. The walls were a dark blue with silver brush swipes crossing over it, creating a shimmer effect. The mansion has got to have at least five floors or more.

"Layla"

"Yes dad"

"The meeting is in 30 minutes, so go to your room and freshen up, Danny will show you where it is"

"Okay"

I turned around and saw a man couple years older than me, he was handsome but was nothing compared to Xavier. He wore a dark, buttoned down shirt fit for a night in town. But he wore it as if he had just finished a long days work. Sleeves to his elbows, shirt tail untucked. His dark shirt complemented his dark hair in the night almost as if he were a creature of the night. But what captured my complete attention were his emerald green eyes which held a mischievous glint, but Xavier has hotter eyes, heck, everything about Xavier was hot!