Built Flower Tough

So I've returned!!! With a phone, and it's summertime, and my birthday just passed, so that was nice. All in all, we're good on this side of your screen! What about you, my Lovelies?!?!?! How are you guys? Summer? Still in school? College? Work? Whuddup?! Let me know! Enjoy chapter 13! :)

💛

Chapter 13: Built Flower Tough

"Whoo! Well, I'd say that was fun, and let's do it again sometime, but, alas, perhaps we shouldn't." Victorian said as he hopped out of the jeep in front of the motel.

Everyone remained silent and glared at him before pulling their belongings from the car.

"Seriously, mates, I saved us! Can a man get a thank you?"

I walked up to him and flicked his ear. "You can shut up and be glad no one threw you out of the Jeep and left you to be blown up along with the Trucker."

"You wouldn't have done that to me now, would you, Love?"

My shoulders bounced in a nonchalant shrug. "I said be glad no one did, not I, specifically. There were easily another three possible launchers in that Jeep."

The bookbag that I had prepared for our journey was now hanging limply from the crook of my right elbow.

"It would do you some good to think about your comrades faster than your goals, Alexander." I finished, walking up the path to the front doors.

I looked around the foyer and stared at the wide open space. First, Aaron and I had sparred here to "release anger," and then he had decided to fight off an intruder, who ended up being my best friend.

Aaron may have liked hand to hand combat a bit more than normal.

I heard a pair of feet jogging and turned to see Victorian coming after me. "Now, wait a minute there, Love. Faster than my goals? Are you kidding? You've never complained about my methods before!"

I narrowed my eyes at the tone of his voice while his body came to a stop in front of me.

"You've never placed a bomb within four feet of your comrades, Victorian." I answered calmly. "I'm coming down on you because that's exactly my point. This isn't the first time you've done something like this."

"Exactly. Which is why it is to be expected. We got away, didn't we?"

The bookbag slipped off of my arm and fell to the floor, the echo resounding throughout the foyer.

I stepped closer to Victorian and whispered. "That doesn't mean it was okay. You endangered others. Yourself. That's a bad thing. How many times do I have to tell you this?"

"No, I endangered your boyfriend," he said with a scowl.

I scowled back. "This is not about him, Vic. This about you making rash decisions and placing your friends in peril. All the time. That is what this is about."

He opened his mouth to speak and I put an index finger over his lips.

"You are easily the most versatile and capable man I've ever known. You're my best friend," I said with a slight smile. "But there is no way you can expect me to not come down on you for placing your comrades' lives on the line for a mission. Especially the ones that don't know you like I do. That's dangerous, Victorian. Mind you, there are only five of us, and it's hard enough tearing through hordes as it is."

Pulling my hand back, I patted his chest. "Just...try being more careful? While I am a lone-wolf antisocial, I like the ragtag group of five better than Scarlett's pity party of one."