Chapter 7 - Overreacting...

“Here’s your glass of water,” Harry says as he places my drink in front of me, “If you get any more exciting we may have to restrain you.” he raises an eyebrow before laughing, sliding into the chair next to mine.

The One Direction boys have the day off from touring, so they decided to spend it with Raya, Wendi, Darcy and myself. It’s definitely what I’d call the perfect ending to our London break.

Harry text me earlier this morning. He said to get ready, and they’d meet us outside our hotel in one hour. I woke the grumpy girls to tell them this and they were washed and dressed within half an hour!

Two fancy black cars arrived at our feet by the hotel entrance, concealing the divided One Direction. Harry, Louis and Liam were in one car, Niall and Zayn in the other. Wendi practically jumped into the car with Niall and Zayn, dragging Darcy along with her, which meant Raya and myself had to travel with the other three. Such a shame.

We were taken to this adorable little café hidden in the back streets of London. It’s really beautiful; despite being so isolated you’d get lost on your way to and from it. When we went in the café was completely empty, and the three members of staff were sat in a corner booth having a chat and a cup of tea.

They looked over the moon when they saw One Direction entering the café. “We came here a few times before we were like, really famous.” Louis has said in the car, “The owner even joked that once we are famous we can come back any time we want, so here we are!”

The owners were lovely to us, preparing to wait on us like all nine of us like we were royalty, but the boys promptly protested. They insisted on getting the drinks themselves. We had One Direction eager to buy us drinks. I was speechless.

I take a sip of the refreshing ice-cold water, letting it slither down my throat to quench my sudden thirst. It hits the spot straight on, but I’m still speechless.

“I’m really glad you came out today, Iss.” Harry tells me, “I mean, we rarely get days off, but it’s nice to spend it with you girls.” He winks at me, and I nearly faint.

Before my speech can be returned to me, I feel a tap on my shoulder, “Issy, can I have a word?” asks Wendi.

“Sure.” I croak, not wanting to leave Harry but glad he won’t have to listen to my croaky frog voice. Wendi takes me nearer to the bar of the café, to make it look like we’re ordering more drinks, I suppose.

Looking around her like she’s about to tell me classified, top secret, MI5 information, she whispers “Have you noticed anything…weird about Darcy, lately?”

Coming from Darcy’s best friend who knows her so well, this question is a bit of a shock to me. “Erm, not really, no.”

“Well, you know what Darcy’s like…around boys…” she trails off and her eyes wander towards where Darcy and Zayn are sat. I see obvious flirting between them. Fliss would freak.

Still, I don’t get why I’m being told this. I feel nothing towards Zayn, although he’s lovely, I’m not bothered that Darcy seems to like him. Then again, Darcy seems to like every boy out there. “Yeah, I guess…Wendi, why are you telling me this?”

“Take a look for yourself.” She juts her head to the side, slyly pointing back to where Darcy is sitting. Envy swells up inside of me like a balloon as I see Harry now sat on Darcy’s other side, smiling and laughing like he’s the happiest guy in the world.

What’s wrong with me? How can I be jealous of Darcy and Harry when they’re just talking? I’m overreacting…then again, they look so happy just talking. They look perfect together, too.

“Just be careful, Issy.” Wendi tells me before hopping off the bar stool with a glass of coke in her hand.

Absentmindedly grasping my glass from the countertop I walk back to my seat, away from Harry and Darcy, back to where Louis, Liam and Raya are chatting away. They’re oblivious to my presence at the table, and I’m all right with that. I don’t want to be seen. I want to be forgotten right now, seeing as Harry’s already forgotten me.

For a few minutes I’m sat sipping my drink in silence, alone. That is until I look to my right and see Harry pull out the chair beside me.

“Hey,” he smiles at me, “can I talk to you for a second?”

I don’t answer, I just stand up and let him lead me over to a booth in the corner, a place that’s slightly hidden from view by our friends.

“So, what’s up?” I ask him lifelessly, staring down at my hands as I climb into the booth and position myself opposite Harry.

“Listen, I know we haven’t known each other for very long…well, we’ve know each other for years but you get what I mean,” despite my mood, I can’t help but giggle as he fumbles over his words. He sighs and simply says, “Look, I really like you, will you go out with me?”

Once again I’m speechless. This is a dream; it has to be a dream…but I don’t want it to be a dream. “You want to go out with me?” I blurt out the words as if I don’t quite understand what I’m saying, like it’s a foreign language.

He gains a huge amount of confidence in about a second, and Harry falls back against the cushioned seat and laughs, “That’s why I asked.” He adds a cheeky smile, and I nearly melt.

I force myself to look away and laugh, “But, why me? Surely I’m not the kind of girl you’d be interested in!”

Fixing me with a glare, he leans forward, resting his arms on the table and whispers, “Hate to break it to you, but you are totally my type of girl.” before leaning back again looking amused.

“Harry, the only person who is less 'your type' than me is...a nun. A nun with a comic-book collection.”

To my surprise Harry laughs with honesty, actually laughing at what I said and not at my pathetic comment. “I happen to like comics, actually.”

“Oh, great! Even the nun has a better chance with you than I do!” I exclaim a little over-dramatically.

He laughs again. Oh, I do adore his laugh. “You see? There’s another reason why I like you.”

At this I relax. I think he’s telling the truth, he actually does like me! Anybody who laughs at my terrible jokes must like me. “Go on then, give me some more reasons.” I tell him, resting my chin upon my intertwined hands.

“Well you’re really funny, kind and such a lovely person. And, you’re absolutely stunning, Issy.” Looking at me in awe, Harry smiles his adorable smile and I melt like an ice cube in the desert.

I’m blushing so much I look like a tomato. “You’re so sweet, Harry.” I whisper across the table.

It’s his turn to blush now, and he smiles, “So…is that a yes?”

My hand stretches across the tabletop to grab his, locking our fingers together “Definitely a yes.” I smile at him, and he flashes me a beautiful dimpled smile in return.

He takes my hand and holds it tightly for a second, staring deeply into my eyes, before loosely letting go of my hand and simply twirling our fingers around each other.

Then he shouts across the café “Waiter! Bring us your finest, most boring water!” looking back at me he smiles, and I fall about laughing.