17. HOMECOMING Part 1

Here you guys go hope you like!  It's going to get waaaaaayyy better for a reason!

_____________________________________

“Aubrey you look beautiful!” Allison exclaimed as she finished putting my makeup on my face. I felt like a clown as my face felt heavy with the ton of makeup I had on.

Today was the day all the students were talking about they couldn’t wait for—Homecoming. But I    believe I was the only person who really, truly needed it right now. I had so much weight on my shoulders and tonight it was going to be as light as a feather. Brandon was waiting for me and I was going to give him what he was waiting for.

“Hold your head still before I mess it up”, Nicole said as she began to comb outs that was going to make my hair in pump waves. 

“Your hair grew a lot Aubrey, are going to keep it like this? I think you look cute with it” Nicole said as she finished the last portion of my hair.

“Yeah, why not I’ll let it grow longer are you done yet?” I asked impatiently because I was ready to see how I look.

“Yes, now look at yourself; you look like Dorothy Dandridge seriously now!” Nicole exclaimed as she turned e around to face the mirror. I gasped in shock as I looked at myself—I looked like a model. Allison did a great job with my makeup and my hair looked like Betty Boop’s. I stood up and hugged them both tightly as i almost burst into tears.

“You two are the best”, I said restraining myself from cryingAll three of us looked gorgeous; Allison had her hair in a high ponytail that was curled at the ends and her makeup flawless—smoky black eyes red lipstick, peach colored blush and cat-eyed eyelashes. Nicole actually looked like a girly-girl her chocolate colored hair was curled tightly and red lipstick also, with some heavy mascara because she refused to wear eye shadow because it would’ve made her look like a prostitute she stated. We all looked gorgeous and were going to be the show stoppers of Homecoming. I couldn’t wait to see what Brandon was wearing I bet he looked great also. 

“Now we just have to put on our dresses and take a bunch of pictures”, Allison stated as she grabbed her dress that was covered in a white bag and went into Nicole’s room—which was now clean—to change into her Homecoming dress.

“So who are you going to Homecoming with, it’s been a mystery for such a long time”, I said as I wiped some smudged mascara off my face.

“Aubrey may I ask you something?” Allison asked with a lot of weariness in her voice.

“Sure Alli what’s wrong?” I asked as I turned to face her to see her worried face.

“Nicole’s been acting really weird lately and she’s taking out all of anger out on me. Like we were going to DQ and she got a phone call and was laughing on the phone the whole time and when she got off she began to yell at me saying that she’s going down and she’s going to kill her. I tried to calm her but she got mad at me and she slapped me, she was cursing and everything and then she began to cry and say that this was all your fault. I tried asking what's wrong and she wouldn't answer me i thought it had something to do with her father's divorce from her mother but that was years ago and she wasn't really affected by that", Allison said as she wiped away an escaped tear and that was my cue to comfort her.

  Whatever was bothering Nicole about me was really something I couldn't worry about but tonight was my night and no one was going to ruin it.

"Okay, I'll talk to her tomorrow, because tonight is the night we have no worries." I said as I put my hands on her shoulder. She nodded wearily and began putting on some of Nicki Minaj's Pink M.A.C. lipstick.

"Where the hell is he?" I huffed impatiently as i checked my phone every three seconds .

"Brandon'll be here", Nicole comforted me as we waited in 45 degree weather with little dresses on.

"Hey, beautiful! " someone surprised me from behind I slowly turned to see Brandon.  As much as I was irritated it all went away when I saw Brandon's muscular body in that smug black and white tux.

"Hey, Brandon", I said and hugged him tightly for my pleasure just to feel his body, but i had to remind myself I was with Nick.

"You're awfully happy to see me" he said as we walked in the banquet hall.

"I just feel good for some reason", I squealed.

"Not for long", I heard Nicole mumble.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"Nicole didn't say anything Aubbs " Allison said giving me a weird look.

"Whatever", I said and began to dance slowly with Brandon to Clarity by Zedd.

_____________________________________

I know you guys are like whaaaaa? that's all we get for waiting thirty years, but there's a reason it's two parts to homecoming.