6. TRUTH

“Whoa, Aubrey that car is awesome!”, Allison said checking out my new car Dad bought me. I was just getting to school and Allison and Nicole almost passed out when they saw it.

“I can’t wait to ride in it, it’s a beau”, Nicole said rubbing it gently.

  “And that my friend is going to come true. This Saturday how about we have a GNO and go to a movie and go to Buffalo Wild Wings”, I said walking into the school building.

  “Sounds great!” they said at the same time.

  “I’ll pick you two up at 7:00, alright?”

  “Okay”, Allison said and departed to her class.

“Sure, Aubbs.”, an took her seat in the Geometry class Mr. Joseph was there teaching a lesson on perimeter and area. And I took my usual seat but Nick wasn’t there today. I wanted to tell him about the weird dream I had and everything was tuned out up until lunch.

  The usual people were there Brandon, Allison, Nicole, and today Azalea. Who rolled her eyes when I strolled pass her and made a disgusted sound.

  “Hey, Aubrey”, Brandon said pulling my chair out, “You look nice as usual today.”

  “Thanks Brandon”, I said taking my seat.

  “So-o-o, I hear someone has a new car”, Justin said looking directly at me.

  “Yes, my dad bought it for me and I got my license yesterday. So Saturday Allison, Nicole, and I are going the movies.”

  “Sweet”, Justin said, “I wish my parents would get me a car, but my dad is so cheap.”

  “So, any plans with us, Aubrey?” Brandon said looking very hopeful, “I was wondering if we could go to homecoming together?”

  “Uh, Brandon I don’t know yet”, Oh crap! Not this.

  “You’re not planning to go with Nick are you?”

  “No”, I said stretching the word out, lying.

  “Aubrey, are you lying?” he said touching my hand looking deep into my eyes.

  “No”, I lied once more.

  “Okay, Aubrey.”

  “What’s up between you two anyways?’ I was getting really irritated not knowing what was going on between those two.

  “He’s no good, he’s a demon and I hate him.”

  “Oh”, hate is such a strong word. What did Nick do for Brandon to hate him. “Why do you hate him?”

  “Let’s just say I’m in this little gang called Nephilim and we are not too fond of this gang called the Fallen Angels which is the gang he’s in. We hate those bastards.”

  “Wow Brandon, I didn’t know you have those feelings that were that hateful. What made you have these feelings?” I asked trying to get as much as possible out of him.

  “Well, the Nephilim gang dates back since Hebrew days. It’s a very old gang they even mention it in the Bible. And every year during the month of no Jewish holiday they make us swear these oaths—“ that crazy Azalea cut him off.

  “And they posses us and they make us do crazy things”, she said in this creepy voice her eyes getting wide as she continued, “They’re angels that fell from the sky they have tattoos on their arm and scars on their back  to prove it. Keep hanging with Nick and you’ll see why he’s so bad. He has thousands of people wanting to get to him and kill him—“ then she broke off in a mumble and I heard her say something like “ too bad he can’t die”