Chapter One-Lord Seamus Olsen-London; 1713

PART ONE

The House of Dark Skulls was the work of Abraham Carnavan, an obscure man by any sense of the word.

     The skulls on the large, black colored wrought-iron gates shivered with blood. They dripped down the cobbled stones, and stained the vampiric walls.

     No humans could survive the house.

In the end, Lord Seamus Olsen feared the chimes of SaTaN's BeLLs, (as it was correctly termed), toll 12. His long, black colored hat was crooked; his long, black colored coat and tails hit the ground. He knocked thrice on the demonic knocker with his right hand.

     A cold, chilling gust of northerly wind blew. Suddenly, with the fog coming in the London docks, the sounds of footsteps were heard coming towards the front door.

      Lord Seamus Olsen waited. And waited.

      "I don't want to wait too long", he said.

     Nothing. Silence.  Then the doors opened. And a servant-girl appeared.  "Wot to yer want?", the angry servant-girl asked. "I am Lord Seamus Olsen. I am here for the Ball. I was invited", he answered. He stared at the 16 year old girl.  "You're early M'Lord", the servant-girl said.  "I am not going to be...Where's your Mistress", Lord Seamus Olsen said.

      "My Mistress is asleep. But she'll see you soon. I'm Emma Carnavan", she said. "A pleasure", Lord Seamus Olsen said, as if he doubted the servant-girl's rudeness was part of her behavior, or something entirely different that caused her to make the Lord shiver.  "Please come inside", Emma Carnavan said, and she sighed. The front door shut loudly, and Emma Carnavan watched the young Lord, and her red colored eyes gleamed in the gloomy hallway of the House of Dark Skulls.

~~~

Page 2