Chapter 14- A Famailiar Light

"Stop..."

     Peppermint Butler only just heard the whisper but it didn't keep him from releasing the bolts towards his victims. Just as they reached Finn, however, nothing happened. The same with Jake and Hunson occured.

     "What is the meaning of this?!?!?!?!" Peppermint Butler continues his attacks but none of them are effective. Only when he has exhausted his strength does he see the thin, light blue veil sparkling in the rising sunlight. "What sorcery is this?!" He shouts, unable to comprehend his powers failing him.

     The thin veils were unfazed by the lighting, and slowly Finn, Jake and Hunson drifted off to sleep. Peppermint Butler became flustered but he no longer had the strength for strong attacks. All he could probably manage were a few fireballs, but that was it. A chill suddenly hit him from behind. He turned towards the cavern and what he saw froze his heart... if he still had one that is.

     A bright blue aura, much like the veils covering the others was floating in the center of the shore. It simply hovered but the sillouete of a certain old man wearing an ancient gold crown could be seen from within. Below the cover of the aura was Marceline. She was trying so hard to hang on, but the veil fought to put her into a deep, protective slumber. The only reason she was able to hold on was because of her vampire/demon abilities slowing down the auras' proccess.

     "Marceline..." Marceline glanced at the bright arua above her, where the whisper echoed. "Marceline I'm sorry... but I must leave you...." Marcelince heart dropped.

     "No! Simon you can't. I don't want to lose you again! You're the only one who understands me! You can't- "

     "Marceline stop..." Tears filled her eyes. She could hear the pain in Simons voice, but even then his voice sounded.... different. "You have so many friends. You need only to open your heart to them. Only then will they truly understand you. You don't need me anymore.." Marceline began to slip away. "You're not my liitle Marcy anymore.... You are Marceline, The Vampire Queen..." Marceline dropped to the sand, her  tears rolling down into the earth.

     Only a few seconds had passed,but Peppermint Butler was more confused then ever before. Not because of the aura but because he had seen this light before. A long time ago this same light flooded the land, freezing everything and forcing it into a deep slumber. This was the same light that created this world.... The Land of Ooo.... The great force that gave this world it's beginning. Now it would be his ending.