Chapter 6- Follow the Leader

"Gunther!" Finn shouts, "What are you still doing here? We thought you left with the Ice King."

     "Wenk." Gunther shakes his head.

     "But Gunther," Finn questions,"What happened here? Where's the Ice King?"

     Gunther doesn't respond but walks away towards the ocean. Unsure of what to do, Jake and Finn folllow him in slight disbelief. They reach the shore, cool sand shining in the sun after being below ice caps for so long. Finn completly avoids touching the water, but soon Gunther leads them so close to shore, Finn has to ride on Jakes' back just to keep from freaking out. Gunther rolls his eyes at this but keeps moving.

     Soon they each an arch made of earth and rock. Passing underneath, they can see a cave up ahead. It's nice and sunny out but as soon as they step in the cave, they could feel the temperature drop almost immedietly.

     "Hey... hey Finn.... Finn?" Jake looks over his shoulder to see Finn with his eyes tightly shut. Jake pokes Finns' head. "Finn, we're past the water. You can get off now."

     "Oh ya." Finn looks around and steps to the ground. They follow Gunther deeper into the cave, when they notice a glow in the distance.

     "Jake, get down!" Finn drops down, pulling Jake with him. "I think someone's up ahead." Gunther stares at the two, then moves on without them, waddling towards the mysterious light. Soon they lose sight of Gunther but can soon hear someone talking with him.

    A familer voice conintues to respond to Gunther, but Finn doesn't know who it is.

    "Hey, Jake, do you recognize the voice too?" Jake nodds but stays silent.

     Time passes when they can smell something cooking. Finn looks over at Jake but he mearly shrugs. Finn doesn't know what to do so he stands up and heads toward the light. Jake tries to stop him, but Finn wriggles out of his grip. Jake motions for Finn to come back, but Finn refuses, leaving Jake alone by the rocks.

     As he moves closer, Finn can see the silloutte of someone sitting in front of a fire. Whoever it was  had their back to Finn. Finn holds his sword out, moving in closer, when he notices Gunther sitting across from the figure. Gunther looks up and waves to Finn. Finn clears his throat and nudges the figure with his sword

      The figure turns, and Finn gasps.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

     "Simon?"