Chapter 8- I Remember You...

Marceline was crying. She couldn't believe he was back. For so long she wished he would remember her, even if it was only a little bit. She hated losing him when she was younger, to be forgotten by him. He kept her safe, and he cared for her after the Mushroom War. Now, he was finally back, and she couldn't ask for anything more.

     "Marceline," Simon wishpered,"Why are you crying? Aren't you happy to see me?" Marcaline rubs her eyes and looks up to him, still in his arms.

     "I am happy! I thought you would never come back. But, now you're here, alive and you.. you remember Simon..." Marceline continues to cry into his chest, staining his coat with tears.

     Finn and Jake stand nearby, painful welts on their heads. Finn was smiling but when he looks over at Jake, he sees him crying.

    "Dude," Finn nudges Jake."Are you crying man?"

    "Nu-uh" Jake rubs his eyes, "I just got something in my eye."

     "Oh .Okay. I thought you were crying for a second there."

     Simon hold Marcalines' shoulders, pushing her back so he can see her face.

     "Marceline, look at you... You're all grown up." He puts his had on her cheek, "I remember when you were still so little. My, how the years go by...." Marceline smiles.

     "Simon?" Marceline asks, "How did you get rid of the crown? I thought you needed it to live." Simon sighs, walking past her to sit on a pile of books. Marceline stays floating, but Finn and Jake take a seat in front of Simon, on top of a desk.

     "You see," Simon begins, "I actually don't know if I neccisarily always needed the crown to live... I never wanted the crown to take control but it seems at the time of the Mushroom War, it was the only thing that saved me. It made me lose everything, however. My mind, my life, my princcess... But that's besides the point. When the Mushroom War was over, I had decided to move on. That's when I found you, Marceline. I tried to stay with you but I was already losing myself beyond the point of return. After that...  I can't remember much.

     The crown took control of me, and I hardly knew what I was doing half the time. It felt like I was stuck in a never ending dream or in this case, a terrible nightmare. Some things, however, the crown could not erase. Like my love for Betty. She was...," Simon pauses to look at the ring on his left hand. " She is my princcess, but the crown twisted my memories. It made me kidnap Princcess' in order to try and make me happy again. The crown didn't mean to do what it did, but it couldn't figure out how to stop. It's almost like it's alive." Everyone remains silent, Simon organizing his thoughts. "Gunther was the one who took the crown away from me. I fought immensly to get it back, still feeling the crowns grip over my mind. But, my penguins, they kept me away from it. They sent it away from me, out somewhere in the ocean. I wouldn't be able to tell you where it is now."

     Simon stands up, streaching out. "I'm glad that it's gone, but now I don't know what to do with myself. Over the years everyone I've encounered has developed either some sort of hatred or fear about me. Once they realize I have no powers, some may come after me..." Simon rubs the back of his head. "Maybe it would be best if I left again."

     Marceline is about to argue when she remembers Pepermint Butler and her father. And the Candy people that were still in trouble. Had Peppermint Butler summoned her Father because the Ice Ki- because Simon no longer had his powers?

     "You guys!" Everyone looks at her,"This is gonna sound crazy but, something is definetly wrong." Jake stands up, Finn pulling out his sword and looking around.

     "What do you mean Marceline?" Finn gets back-to-back with Jake, whispering, "Is someone here?" Marceline sighs.

     "No you guys. There's a reason why I'm here in the first place."

     Marceline procceeds to tell evereyone what she knows, the moon glowing brightly in the night. In the distance wolves howl, light bugs floating in the distant feilds.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *