Chapter 1

I was supposed to visit my aunt. So I got on a plane heading to New Zealand. That's where everything went wrong. I should have known that today was the worst day to go on the trip.

I mean, all the facts were there. First, the news reporter said there was a 0 percent chance of rain. So of course I didn't plan for rain, I went outside and it started to pour. I was halfway to the airport and remembered that I didn't bring my umbrella. Second, the
plane was behind schedule.

I finally got on the plane and then there was a little mishap with the seats. An hour later, everything was starting to go good. The rain turned into a drizzle. I reclined in my seat and went to sleep. When I woke up, everything was in chaos. The emergency lights were going off like crazy, the pilot was trying to get everybody to calm down and sit. I turned to the person closest to me. It was a woman trying to calm down a little kid.

"What's going on?", I asked her. "The plane engine started to fail and somehow something crashed into the wing and now there is a giant hole," she replied. While she was telling me about what happened, her child started to realize just how bad it was and started to calm down. Then the strangest thing happened, the child, who was maybe five, turned to this elderly lady and told her something. I couldn't hear what he said over all the yelling, but whatever it was it did the trick, the old lady then turn to the next person and told them something. After everyone was told something, they all sat down and it was oddly quiet.

I quickly realized that I needed to sit down. I started to walk towards my seat when something hit the plane and the emergency door flew open. I was halfway to my seat when the door flew open. I grabbed the closest thing to me, it was the cart that they put the food on. The cart got caught on a seat and somehow my suitcase fell out of the luggage rack, hitting the cart and causing me, the cart, and my suitcase to fall out of the plane.