Chapter 12

(Daneen's POV)

I could hear muffled noises in the background, like a Night club slowly increasing the volume of their music and I was the cranky, old lady that lived down the road that hated the world... YES, it's that annoying and quickly getting on my last nerve. For those wondering, NO, I am not a morning person. The chattering was getting louder, it must be the neighbours. OMG make them stop, I'm trying to sleep here! I tried to call my husband, but all that escaped my mouth was a ,"dhnmm" my throat feels so dry it could be mistaken as a desert .Okay dry joke. Ha-ha, see what i did there? I snorted at my lameness and again all that came out was a harsh whisper. That's weird. I wiggled my body trying to sit up it goodness I was as stiff as a brick.

I opened my eyes to a blinding white room; ceilings -white, walls -white, bed sheets -white annnnd drip to my right... wait what? I groaned out loud feeling a headache pound behind my eyes.

"Heyyyy! Sissy you're awake!!!" Adam cheered loudly while passing me an open bottle of water. Thank goodness he shut up when I gave him a dirty look.

"Heyy, eassssy there tiger, you just had surgery and I don't think you should gulp down water that fast!"

I was happily quenching my thirst when he dropped the load on me, making me sputter water out of my mouth. Gross.

"WHAT! WHAT SURGERY? WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE AM I-I???" my voice broke at the end because of the sharp pain I got in my throat from wanting to cry. I welcomed the tears and allowed them to flow freely down my cheeks.

"Danny, you had to have an emergency heart transplant-" I cut Kyle off,

"Where's Darrien?" I whispered. Surely he should be here since I'm apparently waking up from a random surgery!

Kyle took my hands in his and spoke slowly. The amount of emotion shining through his eyes scared me. "I'm sorry Daneen, but it was the only option, he was the only match and it was an emergency heart transplant and Darrien, he-he, gave you-"

I felt my whole body freeze up and I mentally blocked the word Kyle was about to say. I burst into loud sobs and my body started trembling. I don't know if he was telling me the truth I was too tired to challenge him. Just the thought of my Darry gone makes me cry... How could Darrien be the one to give me his heart?

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." I whimpered between my sobs. I felt Kyle clutch my hand tighter. What's the point of living when the best part of me is gone?

"Baby what's wrong?" I heard Darrien ask filled with worry. Wow. I can even hear him.

"Kyle, Adam what happened?" I felt the bed dip to my right and that's when I shot my eyes open.

"Darriennn?! What? You're-re aalive?" I sobbed loudly and threw my free arm around him. (the other was jabbed with this huge needle joined to a drip). I was still crying. I was definitely in shock.

"Wait h-how? K-kylee said you gaaave me" I whimpered chain of incoherent sentences..

"You donated theee-your... heart in myy –ssurgery." I still had tears running down my face. I felt Darrien's body tense up.

"Get out! Both of you. Now!" His voice was so deep and filled with warning. I don't think I have ever heard it like that before. I heard no movement in the room until Darry boomed, "NOW!"

When it was just me and Darrien left in the room, he lifted my head up and spoke soothingly "Baby girl, they were messing with you, you didn't have surgery."

(Darrien's POV)

I wiped her tears with my thumb, her tears hadn't stopped flowing but now she looked scared and confused. I can't believe those fucks had the nerve to say something like that!