Author's Note: On the Paris Attacks

If you never read one of these again, please just read this one.

There have been a lot of different posts about what happened this weekend in Paris. My heart goes out to all those who have lost family and friends in those attacks. It was a horrible tragedy that seems to be becoming more and more common these days.

But please remember, this is a daily occurence in other places around the world. We can go on forever naming the different places violence like this has affected. Children have lost mothers, mothers have lost children. Husbands lost wives, and friends lose family. There is no shortage of pain when things like this happen. We must come together to help each other through this. This and everything else that comes along.

This doesn't mean blame the "Muslims", which is what I've been seeing far too much recently. Being Muslim myself, this hurts. Big time.

TERRORISM HAS NO RELIGION. There is no religion that condones violence against people. We are all humans first. There is no excuse to cause pain to anyone else, ever. If you disagree with this and decide to stop reading the book, fine. Go ahead. I'm not going to stop you. Good bye.

But for those of you who stick around, remember. This world is founded on compassion. We would have nothing without it. Learn to understand each other. We're different, but that doesn't mean we can't get along.

Again, my heart goes out to all those who have lost friends and family in the attacks. That was a terrible day.
Remember to be kind to those you love. Tell your parents and family that you love them. Look back one last time when you say goodbye.

Let's stand together.

~Octoberflower24