October 1st, 2015

Everything has turned into a routine. Every morning, while it's still dark, I still wake up and go for a run, running 'till my lungs burn and I'm out of breath, stopping only when I get to my tree. It's become a bit of a comfort spot for me now. It's where I go every morning to curl up at the base of the tree and listen to music while I write. I've made it a habit to look up at the five little eggs, just to make sure they're still there.

I stay under my tree until the sun rises then I make my way back to the dorm room, ready to start another day.

      Every Monday and Friday night, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum arrive at the dorm for dinner and a movie, dragging a somewhat reluctant Mad Hatter with them. I've gotten used to making dinner, but sometimes we order take-out, and curl up on the couch or wherever we happen to find ourselves sitting and watch a movie the Trippy Twins bring over.

      Every Tuesday and Thursday, I drag myself to the one class I hate the most. Art. Damian's made a habit of sitting next to me, and we silently sketch out whatever the teacher decides is appropriate for that week before packing our bags and leaving, not a word passing between us.

A slight nod from him, and a tight smile from me is all that happens.

Especially after what happened that first night when he asked me who I was, I've been avoiding meeting his eye, and trying to stay as far away as I can.

That's not a question I want to answer right now. Not even to myself.

But I guess I've never been one to stay out of all kinds of trouble.

Friday night last week, the Trouble Trio was over, again. The Trippy Twins waltzed in and took their usual places on the table.

"Hey, Zeenath!" Luke called out. "You got glasses!"

I smiled. "I've always had glasses. I just wore contacts before, but I couldn't find them today."

I ducked my head, feeling heat crawl its way up my cheeks.

Madison laughed. "They suit you."

"Yeah! You look adorable!" Luke chirped.

I wrinkled my nose at him. "I'm not a baby."

      He came over and patted my head. No matter what I thought, he stood a full two heads taller than me. "Hmm, I'd say you're pretty small. Cute." He tried to ruffle my hair, and I squealed, ducking out from under his hand.

"You're just a giant. Be quiet."

Madison giggled and looked around. "Where's Clara?"

Clara had just taken a shower and was using the hairdryer in her room.

I motioned my head towards her door. "She's takin' a shower."

"What's this?"

I put a dish in the microwave and looked over at Luke. He'd taken my hairdryer from God-knows-where and was waving it around.

"How'd you get that?" I raised an eyebrow.

He ignored me and plugged it in, fiddling with the switches. "Jus' wanna try it.." he mumbled.

The hairdryer roared to life and he dropped it in surprise, cursing.

"What IS that thing?"

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a breath. "Turn it off Luke, you don't know what you're doing."

He picked it up again and starting fumbling with the handle.

Damian started towards him, and then everything went black and the noise died out.