Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

I was sitting on the couch, the rage from earlier today still pouring out of me. Why would he kiss me? I didn't do anything to him, other than give him a piece of my mind. Seriously, why would he do that? I still wasn't convinced that we were mates but who would? He wasn't even  the one who told me about it. One of his friends had to be drunk for him to confess. All of this time, he has only hung out with me because he thought I was his mate. He's crazy.

I was flipping through channels on the TV trying to do something to keep my mind from wondering back to what happened today. Nothing was working. No matter what I did or what I tried to do, I kept thinking about one and only person. Something about it wasn't feeling right. Just when he was mad at me, I felt like I would......I don't know. It's hard to explain in words.

I was about to give up on the TV when the doorbell rang. I got up wearing a black, baggy tank top with the words "Tough Chick," written in white letters and white short shorts. My hair was pulled back in a bun. Whoever was at the door might have to wait because right now, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody. Well, maybe except for Hayden because we had a lot of crap that we had to figure out.

I opened the door to see the one person that I had been thinking about all day.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He was sweating, like he had been running almost all day. Knowing him, he probably had been.

"We need to talk." He said, pushing his hands into his pockets. I stepped out onto the porch and closed the door behind me. Andrew had gone somewhere with my dad, so I don't know why I was worried about him being here. Andrew wouldn't do anything to him as long as he didn't know he was here.

"Talk? Talk about what?" I asked, sitting down on the steps.

"We need to talk about everything." Hayden answered.

"Okay, let's talk about everything. Let's talk about how you just kissed me out of nowhere and then left me." I said, looking down at my hands. I don't think I could look at him right now. I probably would have broken. I can't do that around him.

"I had to leave." He said, more like murmured.

"And why? There better be a good reason, too." I responded.

"I was getting mad. I had to leave before something...............bad happened." He said.

"So you were going to change and then what? Rip my face off?" I asked.

"Most likely." he said. I laughed.

"You're pathetic." I said getting up and walking to the door.

"Please," Hayden begged grabbing my arm to stop me from going anywhere.

"We're really going to go through this? Again? What you going to do? Kiss me again and then leave?"I asked.

Hayden didn't respond.

"Hayden, we hurt each other. I didn't notice that until today. I can't keep doing this." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Do you see what we're doing to each other? You're killing me, I'm killing you. We can't do this because one day one of us is going to explode." I explained.

"I already have." Hayden said looking at me with a stern face. He was serious. This was scaring me. He had already exploded? What did that mean? Like I was supposed to know.

I looked at him in his eyes. He looked like he knew what he was talking about and he knew what he was doing, I just hoped that it didn't come down to one of us getting physically hurt. I don't think anybody would like that.