Chapter Twenty (Part Two)

(Hayden's Point of View)

Alesia was sitting next to me on the picnic table. My dad was trying to get the grill going but I knew that he wouldn't be able to figure it out so I would have to help him in the next couple minutes. But for right now I was with Alesia and I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could before she had to go back to the gym tomorrow. Yes, I would come and watch her but she wouldn't have any time to talk to me. Which was going to suck.

"So, are you going to miss me when I go back to the gym tomorrow?" Alesia asked.

"Who said I wasn't coming with you?" I asked looking at her with a serious face.

"You want to see me fight?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"I'm going to be working really hard so I won't be able to talk to you much." Alesia replied. I took her hand into mine and I could feel her move closer to me. Ever since that one night in the hospital, when she was told that her wrist was broken, I had felt like I had to be around her. I spent every day wanting to see her or by her side. My dad had told me that she was my mate. My dad was almost never wrong. I'll be honest, at the beginning of our relationship, I would have said that there was no way that Alesia could ever be my mate. She had this attitude and knowing her, she would probably never let me stand up for her. She would want to do it herself. I didn't have a problem with her standing up for herself, but I didn't want her to start believing that she could be the person to stand up for me too. But after a while, I realized her true colors, her true personality. She was fun and outgoing. She was strong and smart. She was everything that I had ever wanted in a girl. Strong, smart, athletic, funny, etc. The list could go on forever. I don't know her exact feelings on me but I knew that her feelings on me had grown since the beginning. I knew that for one reason. She had gotten more comfortable around me. She would let me hold her hand, put my arms, around her, she invited me into her house, she spent almost every waking moment with me. Not like there was anything wrong with that.                  

"I don't care if you don't talk to me, as long as I get to see you, I'm fine." I replied. I looked at her face and saw a brilliant smile spread across her face. She flashed her white, perfect teeth, and I heard her giggle a bit. She was so cute.

"You know Jim will probably kick you out or something. Jim made it pretty clear that he wants me to work harder than usual when I come back. I want to work hard and not have any distractions. I have to beat Peyton." I replied.

I frowned and then a light bulb went off in my mind, causing me to smile. "So your saying that I'm going to cause a distraction?" I asked.

"Your going to be a HUGE distraction." She answered me, she leaned on me and I smiled even more. So I was going to be a distraction, huh? Well, I might actually go now. I was just teasing her earlier when I said that I was going but since I'm going to be a distraction,  I might go and see how she handles pressure. No, I wouldn't do that to her. But I did seriously want to see her fight again.

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?" I asked.

"Depends." She answered, still smiling. I love the way she smiled. It was like I new nothing was wrong with her and that she would be okay. Her smile sort of relaxed me, if you wanted to puti that way.

"Depends on what?" I asked squeezing her hand tighter.

"Depends on if Jim kicks you out or not. If he does, then it's a bad thing. If he doesn't, then I'm screwed." She answered. We both busted out laughing. Once we had calmed down, almost, Nathan, Adam, and Matthew sat down infront of us.