Chapter 32

Dear Diary,

You're almost out of pages.

I don't know what I'm going to do about this.

~Aria

"Arrabella quit it," Ty laughed. I had been repeatedly poking him in the side for the past five minutes.

"Admit it," I shouted.

"Fine I went soft," he mumbled.

"Awe I know babe," I laughed.

Ty stiffened slightly making me look over at him in question. I didn't have time to ask him what's wrong because the doorbell rang. I jumped up making Ty grab me back down.

"I was going to get the door," I stated.

"It's your mom," he warned.

"Oh, well that's fine I'll still get it," I replied.

Ty released my arm and I walked over to answer the door.

"Ella," my mom smiled.

I stepped outside and shut the door behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can't I come see you?" she asked.

"You should call first, especially after what happened the last time you saw me," I stated.

"Isaac just snapped Ella you have to understand the position he's in," she defended.

"Why are you defending him?" I asked.

"You didn't read the letters did you?" my mom sighed.

"No I can't say I have," I snapped.

"Well call me when you have," she sighed while walking away, I groaned in frustration and stomped back inside.

"Are you okay?" Ty asked while standing up.

"I'm fine," I replied while walking past him and up the stairs.

I turned back around to see him advancing toward me.

"Just don't follow me, okay?" I asked.

"Why?" he worried.

"I need to be alone for a while," I stated while walking upstairs.

"Ar," he started to say.

"I'm fine, promise," I called. I walked into the bedroom and shut the door. I then went over and sat in front of the chest.

I opened it to find a stack of letters.

There was one from everyday my mother was in rehab; every damn day.

Just knowing she wrote me every day made a tear escape my eye. I then picked up the letter that just had "Arrabella" written on it and not a date.

I opened it and started to read over what my mother had written.

'Arrabella,

I will be giving you this chest of my letters tomorrow. What you choose to do with them is up to you. You may decide to burn them, read them, or just set them aside. I just want you to know that I did think about you every day. I still do.

I just wanted to be a good mother for you, I really did. I still want a relationship with you; I want to see you get married and be a grandmother to your children, the mother I wasn't for you.

The reason why Isaac and I have been searching for you is because we both love you dearly. I see so much in him that I would have loved Trevor to be; in a way Isaac healed part of the hole in my heart from your brother. Isaac is like a son to me.