Chapter 2

Dear Diary,

Last night was bad to say the least. Dad came home drunk again or maybe he was high, or both. It was just bad to say the least. My bruises will be difficult to cover today mostly because it's sunny with a high of 85, and I'm going to be wearing long sleeves, jeans, and a scarf.

~Aria

I arrived at school and sighed when everyone was in shorts and tank tops.

If I had friends they would ask me what the hell I was doing in jeans and long sleeves.

I walked into English and sat down by the window.

I stared out of it and remembered last night..

"Why don't you do anything right?" Kick in the gut.

"I swear your mother didn't need this she doesn't need rehab," punch to the face.

"She didn't even have a problem until you were born," he screamed and threw a beer bottle against the wall.

"Then you stop talking and she blames me," he went on.

"Clean this up dammit!"

"Aria," a soft voice pleaded.

I slightly jumped and then remembered I am in English.

I focused in on Ty's worried face.

"I didn't mean to startle you," he apologized.

I shook my head trying to tell him I was okay.

"You do know it's like eighty degrees outside?" he asked amused.

I shrugged.

"At least take that scarf off, you are going to overheat," he said while reaching towards it.

'Don't you think I would if!' I could I screamed in my head.

I shook my head at him.

"Okay but take it off if you get hot," he replied.

Ugh if I take it off you would be able to see my father's finger prints around my neck when he attempted to choke me last night.

I sighed sometimes I don't even know why I was born onto this planet.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Hey I didn't mean anything by it," he stated.

I smiled trying to let him know it wasn't his fault.

"You should smile more, you have cute dimples," he grinned.

I grinned at him while feeling heat rise up my neck, was I blushing?

"Oh is that blush I see upon you cheeks?" he asked I almost laughed at his failed attempted accent.

I shook my head and put my head down.

He reached his hand over and put it gently underneath my chin and tilted my head up so I was looking at him.

"Never hide your face from me, I like it when you blush babe," he stated.

I slapped his hand away and mock glared at him.

"You're cute when you're mad," he laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at him just because I didn't have any other way to express my feelings to him.

He just laughed more.

The teacher finally decided to show up and I tried to pay attention but Ty kept looking over at me and smirking!