Chapter 13

[a/n]  Uhm.. new chapter (: I'm having a little writers block. its quite sad. I know I need to make my chapters longer. Buttttt.. We'll see how these next few uploads go. I hope I can get over this writers block soon.. I know where I'm headed I just don't know how to get there! (: Anywayssss.. enjoy. 

**[[Caitlin]]**

Caitlin woke up in the middle of the night. She tried to keep her eyes closed and willed herself back to sleep. She was tired, and her head hurt. She couldn't see anything and it scared her. Then she realized with a deep saddness that she didn't know if she was afraid of the dark. Trying to look around she instantly felt that there had to be at least a bear or two near by. Something scary was sure to pop out at her and eat her alive. Yes. Indeed, she was terrified of the dark. 

Sitting up slowly she inched her way towards the warm body next to her. Her husbands deep breathing was comforting but she wanted him awake.

"Ahhh.. Alexi?" She leaned down close to his ear and whispered. 

He moaned softly in his sleep and then his breathing went back to the slow and steady deep rhythm.

"Alexi.." She jiggled his arm slightly and tried her best to will him awake. Again, he moaned softly and then swatted her hand away from him. 

"Go away." He mumbled softly.

Well! The nerve. Telling her to go away! Caitlin swatted the back of his head and he jumped awake. "Wha.. What.. Who.. Caitlin?"

"Alexi I'm scared." She said softly.

She felt as his arms came around her then, and pulled her close to him. He laid back down on his palette and dragged her up on to his chest. He was flat on his back and she was on top of him, facing him.  She put her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat as he lazily took his hand and ran it in different patterns on her back.  

"What are you scared of Caitlin?" He asked.

"Bears."

"There are no bears on this island, I assure you my love. Where did you get that idea?"

"It's dark." She tried to reason.

"So, the darkness means bears?" He chuckled softly to himself.

"YES!" She was angry. How could he laugh at her, when she was honestly scared? He was incredibly rude. Not even a gentelman. How had she married such an arrogant man? Hmph!

"What's wrong now?"

"You Sir, are mean."

"Am I?"

"Of course."