chapter 8 part 2

**[[Alexi]]** 

Holding his breath, Alexi watched as a small figure crept down the stairs into the hold. It looked like a young boy, with a baggy shirt and trousers. He was barefoot and oddly had a cap on his head. Alexi watching him descend the stairs quietly. He and his men had gotten free and knocked several of the men that were supposed to be standing gaurd, out. 

This was too easy. 

He quickly manuvered so that he was completely hidden in the shado ws, and quickly glanced behind him to be sure that his men were safely hidden as well. He'd noticed two pairs of boots sticking out and hoped that whoever had come down to investigate wouldn't make too much noise.  As the boy passed him Alexi snaked his arm out and grabbed the boy around his neck, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Quiet! I don't want to kill you." He whispered.

He didnt have time to register who he held in his arms before she threw her elbow into his gut and punched her little fist into his face. For being so small, his wife could pack a punch! 

Catilin was absolutely terrified and struggled her best against her captor. Something registered in her head faintly and she stopped struggling and looked up into Alexi's beautiful eyes. She couldn't have been happier to see the man in her life. 

"Caitlin, please! It's me! Calm down."

Caitlin felt the relief wash over her body, and she sagged into Alexi's arms. He held her against him and smoothed her hair out of her face, running his hands up and down her arms, trying to offer comfort when suddenly the entire situation flooded his mind and he again threw his gaurd up. 

He pushed her forcefully against a wall. "How.. How did you get down here?"

"The little cabin boy, Johnny. He helped me."

"..And you thought that you would just come down here?"

"I had to save you."

The absolute absurdity of the situation hit Alexi just then and he chuckled softly into her hair.

"I am the one that has to save you."  

He knew he couldn't admit it to her, but he was scared. How was he going to get her off the ship.. alive... and before anyone discovered they were all missing? He needed a plan, and quick!

Devlin came up behind them just then and they began to discuss strategy. They would get up on deck, and see if they could get one of the small captain's boats onto the water without being noticed.  Each of the men began to creep quietly up and out onto the deck then. Surprisingly there didn't seem to be a soul awake at that moment.  

They could hear laughter filtering in from a room theyd had to carefully pass on their way up and out. It seems the night time gaurd were slack in their watch and more prone to gambling than to their duty.