chapter 20

Chapter 20

Kayla called all her bridesmaids they had gotten there dresses and got all the alterations done. So I was happy about that.  Patrick got the snow plow blade up onto the truck, and got it ready to go.  We also got the salt and sander on the back of the truck and it was pretty large.  He ordered sand and a salt mix we got a silo like thing and they put the mixture in there, all Patrick had to do was drive up to it and put pour it into the salt and sander.  We took the snow mobiles in to get them tuned up.  While they could Patrick and his best friends Ethan and Grady went around the property with a flat bed and a truck in tow, and cut down all the dead tree’s and pulled out all the trees that had fallen down.  There were a lot of dead trees that they brought back. 

The next thing Patrick did was he went out to Lowes and bought a couple of storage sheds made out of heavy duty plastic.   We ordered a few prefabricated garages in wood and metal.  The metal one would house the RV, snow mobile, lawn mower, and mule, plus all of the trailers.  The garage arrived and the company sent its workers out to put it together for us, we paid extra for that.  They had the proper equipment to do that.  It took them two days to put it up and together.  We got the RV in there and the trailers and flat beds along with the snow mobiles, snow blowers and riding lawn mower.  We were using the second barn it was the animal barn, that was standing and in good shape as our garage and workshop. We could get all the vehicles in there, and there were two doors a front and back so we could get all the vehicles out with ease. 

We planned that over the summer we would put down another slab and move our everyday vehicles in to that one.  We got just about everything done we wanted to get done before the really cold weather and snow hit. The week before our wedding Carol threw us a house warming party.  Which was nice, we did it at our house; she invited a whole lot of our friends and family.  She brought the food and drinks we showed everyone around, and they loved the house in the barn.  They thought it was cleaver we used the pellet stoves to heat the house and in the bathrooms the radiant floor heating.  We used all led lighting were we could. 

The party was great; we got a lot of things for the house.  Candles, throw pillows, crocheted and a knitted blanket, a few quilts that my aunts made everything was needed.  We got a lot of the basic needs, tea towels, washcloths, cleaning supplies, laundry baskets, can openers, cooking utensils. We needed it all so we were pretty happy.  The food was wonderful, and then after most of the people left the rest of us went to my Aunt Sandy’s bakery and we decorated the cookies and stuff that I ordered, it was pretty fun. 

After a day of decorating the cupcakes, and cookies, we packed them all up, and got them ready to go.  After I was done with all of that I ran up to Dayton or to a suburb of Dayton, and went to the grocery store.  There was a chance of a snow storm and getting snowed in for a few days, so, I went and did our shopping.  What I didn’t know was Patrick had thought about it also and took Kevin to the store.  I stocked up on diapers and wipes.  I got the usual things milk, bread, meat, fresh, canned and frozen veggies, stew packets, beef broth can and powder, spaghetti stuff, butter, flour lots of eggs, ham, bottled water, cans of soda, chips, popcorn, Rice, cereal.  I also got ingredients for Santa’s snack, reindeer food, and elf treats.  I got it in mega quantities, I found treat bags with blue snowflakes, and blue ribbon, I found purple swirls and purple ribbons, I got all they had.  I also got a ton of pillows and sheet and comforter sets.  We didn’t have any bedding for the beds we got, plus I had stuff for the air mattresses.  I needed two carts to get everything I needed.  I also picked up a few things for Kevin.  I got dog food and treats, then personal hygiene products.

I bought flashlights that were led’s, and a ton of batteries.  I bought a small generator that I could plug in my cell phone in to charge up and I got a couple of car chargers.  I also picked up a crock pot and a few other things in the cooking aisle.  I then paid for my items and then after loading up the car, I went and stopped at the Chinese place we liked and the take and bake pizza place we liked.  I headed home after that.  It was getting late and was already dark outside.   It took about an hour to get home; Patrick came out and helped Kayla unload the vehicle.  He laughed when he saw all the groceries He said, “I did some grocery shopping also.  We can freeze anything that we duplicated.