Outside The Lines {13}

Alek went to slam the door in Dimitri’s face, but his foot shot out, effortlessly holding the door open. He crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing me.

                “In my house, and in my sister’s room,” he said, chuckling.

                “Dimitri! Go away!” Alek snapped, pushing against the door again.

                Dimitri’s food slid a little, but he steadied himself against the wall with his hand and continued to keep the door open. I just couldn’t stop staring at him in shock.

                “You said you didn’t know him! And you acted like you didn’t know her!” I cried, finally finding my voice as I stared between the two.

                “Ah, yes, that. Aleksandra has forbidden me from making our family relations known. Such a shame,” he said with a dramatic sigh. “My own sister, keeping her fabulous little brother a secret.”

                 “Dimitri’s not a liar, not unless he has to lie.”

                Kim’s words came back to me as I lost my voice to shock again. Alek was Dimitri’s friggin’ sister?! What the hell?

                “You’d be in for quite a surprise if I introduced you to my sister, little Theodore.”

                Now Dimitri’s words replayed in my head. How he kept saying that only Galen looked like him, and that his sister didn’t look anything like them.

                “Dimitri, move your foot before I break it,” Alek snarled.

                “But Aleksandra, mother dearest requests your presence for dinner,” Dimitri said, smirking wider as he pushed the door open even move, just to piss his sister off.

                “Fine! Just move your damn foot!” Alek said, releasing her hold on the door and stepping back.

                Dimitri slowly pulled his foot away. He glanced between the two of us and let out a little laugh as he turned and disappeared down the stairs.

                “What?” I asked, beyond confused.

                “Don’t tell anyone he’s my brother. Please Theo,” she begged.

                “But he said his sister was a year older than him!” I said.

                Alek nodded. “I am a year older than him. But when I was in kindergarten, I had to have surgery on my leg. It went wrong, and I had to have another surgery. I missed so much school that I got held back, putting me in the same grade as Dimitri.”

                “Dimitri Ivanov is your brother. Oh my god,” I said, letting out a disbelieving laugh. “How the hell did I not figure that out sooner?”

                “Theo, I am begging you not to tell anyone. You’ve seen Dimitri. He’s a glittery freak. He’s a heartless man whore. I don’t want people knowing he’s my brother,” she said, her voice desperate and pleading. “I never tell people my last name, just because everyone knows Dimitri. And I made the freak swear to act like we don’t know each other.”

                So yesterday, I had been kissing Dimitri. Today, I had been kissing Alek. And now I was finding out that they were siblings.