Outside The Lines {10}

***Dimitri’s POV***

                “I know I’m young but if I had to choose her or the sun, I’d be one nocturnal son of a gun,” I sang along with the music.

                “Take a look at my girlfriend, she’s the only one I got,” Kim sang, turning the music up.

                I glanced in the mirror. “Thalia dear, you’re being too quiet. All occupants of my car are required to sing their hearts out to the music, even if you sound like a dying whale while doing so.”

                “I don’t know the song,” she admitted. “I mean, I’ve heard Theo listening to this song before. But I don’t know the words.”

                “Then we’ll find something that you do know. Kimberly darling, shuffle through my songs,” I said, nodding down at my iPod.

                Kim picked up my iPod and unlocked it. She began to shuffle through my songs, waiting for my approval of one. Hm, now what would a girl like Thalia listen to?

                “Stop. This song. Thalia is definitely a fan of The Kooks,” I said as Tick of Time started to play.

                “How did you know I like The Kooks?” Thalia asked curiously.

                I smirked. “Girl, I am just that damn talented at reading people.”

                “He’s far too innocent to be a part of such a cruel world. And it is, and it is, and it is,” we all sang along as I pulled into Kim’s driveway.

                I got out of the car and slid across the hood, going to the other side of the car and pulling the doors open for Kim and Thalia. They climbed out.

                “Such a gentleman,” Kim said, pinching my cheek.

                “I am forever at your service Kimberly darling,” I said, sweeping her a bow.

                “You need to shave,” she said, poking the stubble on my face.

                “It’s fashionable. You wouldn’t understand,” I said with a dramatic sigh. Well, actually, I was just far too lazy to shave. But stubble made me look older and messily sexy, so it worked out for me.

                “Dimitri, I have to ask you. Why are you wearing a belt made out of paperclips?” Thalia asked as we started up Kim’s driveway.

                “Isn’t it wonderful? My little brother made it for me,” I said, patting my paperclip belt fondly.

                “I’m just going to take a wild guess and say that it doesn’t actually hold your shorts up,” Kim said.

                “And right you are, Kimberly darling! But you know my brother. Galen would be devastated if I had refused to wear it,” I said.

                Kim rolled her eyes and opened her front door. We followed her into the house and kicked our shoes off, going through the hallway and into the living room.

                “So, what do you guys want to do?” Kim asked.

                I went over and flopped down onto her couch. “Make us food, Kimberly darling. I am absolutely starving.”