Chapter Twenty: Loved and Lost

Chapter Twenty:

"Let him go, it's not worth it." Emily whispered, tears springing to her eyes as the attacker's face grew a sick shade of red and purple.

Cameron slammed the man's body against the wall one more time as he gritted his teeth in anger. "He almost raped you! Of course it's worth it. You're worth it!" He would not let this bastard escape his grasp after almost defiling the one woman who ever meant something to him.

Emily placed her hand out in front of her, her voice breaking. "But he doesn't deserve death, please. Just let him go."

The hesitation and shakiness in his arm did not go unnoticed by Emily as she tried desperately to make him see her way.

Yet Cameron's heart and soul 'screamed' at him for vengeance. To kill the worthless excuse of a man so that his filthy hands may never touch her again.

But it was the calming presence from her simple touch that undid him. Her arms were wrapped about his waist, her face pressed against his back. There was a tremor that glided up his spine, leisurely. And just like that he dropped her attacker like a sack of potatoes.

The man scrambled to regain his breath before crawling away in a stupor.

"Are you hurt?" Cameron asked after a few moments of silence, rubbing his hands over her shivering arms that were wound around his waist.

He felt her slowly shake her head, before her warm breath soaked into his shirt, followed by a gentle wetness.

She was crying.

Cameron quickly turned in her arms and crushed her to his chest, lovingly rubbing his chin over the top of her head. He had expected this reaction, in fact he encouraged it.

If she wasn't crying after almost being raped, he would be worried.

He could feel her hands bunching up in his shirt as she relentlessly cried out in anguish.

But soon her tears stopped, as well as her fierce grip.

Her body sagged against his as he held her, supporting her with his body weight to stay upright.

Her hands marked a trail from his chest to his neck, before her delicate fingers linked themselves behind his head.

"Emily," Cameron murmured, lifting her chin with his index finger. Her large eyes glistened with previous tears, the liquid also grazing her cheeks.

She closed her eyes, before brushing her lips across his. "Love me," Emily whispered, her fingers winding through the hair on the nape of his neck. "Just for tonight, I need," she trailed off.

Cameron crushed his lips to hers, swallowing the rest of her sentence before pressing his body against hers.

She moaned before pulling away, their breaths still mingling. Her eyes were like liquid amber, a passionate light gleaming through like a beacon.

Cameron wanted nothing more than to lay her down on his bed and memorize every dip and curve of her body. To do as she asked, to love her until the ache in his chest was filled with her laughter, her scent and everything that was her.

He smiled against her lips, feathering his fingers over the wisps of her hair and cheeks. "We'll have all the time in the world, dear." He muttered before thoroughly kissing her as if the world was crashing all around them.

Emily reared back, panting, before she vigorously shook her head. "No, you don't understand," she said softly, looking uncomfortable. Before she could finish a shadow loomed near them.

"I knew you were over here," Henry's voice called out, breaking the forbidden spell between the two lovers. He was smiling, until he saw Emily gathered in Cameron's arms.

Cameron instinctively pulled her closer to his chest, baring his friend's displeased expression.

"I didn't know you were here, Emily." Henry called, "But now that I do, it saves me the time from looking for you, like James is right now."

Emily let out a gasp before cursing under her breath. The tight grip she held on his shirt lessened until she stood out of his arms entirely.

Cameron scowled, reaching out a hand to her before dropping it to his side when she subtly shook her head. That hand quickly turned into a fist, which was held back with slim restraint.

Nothing would remain as it was before.