Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Eliza’s POV

I dropped Alex off at his home, but I wasn’t going back yet. I had a few more errands to do.  I patrolled the streets looking for one person. Steven. I could sense he had been here and like a few days ago he had gone down the alleyways. But this scent was new; if I travelled through the main roads maybe I would catch him.

I pushed the speed of my bike; the need to get hold of him was unbearable, I needed to find him. Then I saw it. I saw the man who had begun this; I nearly threw up on the grubby pavement as I watched him walk into the most private areas of the club with two girls on both arms.

I let out an audible growl and tightened my grip on the handle bars. My body was ready to throw my motorbike at him but my brain was screaming at me to think logically, we didn’t want to cause a scene. I tore my eyes from my prey and ordered my body to leave.

I may hide my anger from Noah. But it was still there, coursing through my veins it was the reason I lived.

I moved down the street whilst having the telephone address in my hand. I needed to calm down and this would be the remedy. I had been bad, these people had offered me hospitality when I most needed it and I hadn’t even called to thank them.  I finally found a phone box; I tapped the number in and waited for it to connect.

  “Hello?”

  “Umm...Hi this is Elizabeth, is that Sally?” I asked awkwardly.

  “Oh my goodness! Elizabeth, I never thought I would hear from you again!” She gasped.

  “I am so sorry; I have been preoccupied for the last few months.”  I apologised.

  “No no. Don’t worry! So why are you calling?” Sally said, warmly.

  “I was wondering if you and Ted where free any time soon?” I asked.

  “Well...Hun you can come round tonight for some dinner? We were just about to eat.”

  “Are you sure? I don’t want to be intruding.” I asked nervously.

  “Never! We would love to see you! Pop round as soon as possible!

I wrote Sally and Ted’s address on my hand and hung up. The pressure finally sunk into my head, I collapsed on to the pavement, letting myself dwell on the thoughts of today before operating a mechanical piece of engineering.

My suspicions about Steven were correct and I was so close to getting what I wanted however getting to him would not be as easy; he liked to stay in the exclusive parts of the club, getting past the bouncers would be very tricky. I would defiantly have to dress up to look the part. Sighed composing my thoughts and emotions.

Hopping back onto my motorbike, I began to ride to their house; they lived in the suburbs. I passed the houses that where all the same with their perfectly manicured lawns. I stopped at the number I was given. I breathed deeply in before knocking on the door trying to calm myself down. It quickly opened to a grinning Sally; she grabbed me into a choking hug her sweet smell wrapping me into calmness.

Finally she released us and begun surveying me.

  “You need a bath.” She acknowledged. “Upstairs.” She ordered, pointing me to the stairs.

  “Bu- but” I stuttered.

  “Now.” She said firmly. “Second door on the right.”

I sighed however didn’t argue. I followed Sally’s instructions and found the bathroom. It was cosy with plush towels. I slipped out of my clothing only now realising how dirty I was, I guess when you are under pressure you don’t notice these kinds of things.