Chapter 8

"Is she going to be okay?" The beautiful voice asked concerned. 

"She is going to be fine, she will have a bad headache for a few days, but she'll repair from the damage, the bullet was a human one, it would have killed a human straight away but because our skull is incredibly strong it just became wedged into it." 

The beautiful voice growled "I should have found her sooner than she wouldn't had tried to commit suicide." There was a ear splitting sound of metal being crushed. 

"Noah, you can't blame yourself for what happened. She says she was sacrificing herself." A woman's voice comforted him. My eyes flew open. I sat up straight. I was near Noah. I needed to get out of here. I gasped, their was a searing pain in my head, I placed my hand on the side of temple, their was a swollen bump, I could feel the thread of the stitches. I had been in surgery. Great, just what I needed, when running away.  I ripped the wires from my arms, I wasn't staying around, suddenly there was the screech of the monitor, quickly I placed my feet on the cool tiles, I stood up I needed to get out of here before they found me. "You can do this Eliza." I whispered. I walked towards the door, I made two steps then fell on my legs. I muffled my scream, I was in so much pain.  The door flew open. "What are you doing, out of your bed" Noah growled a huge group of nurses and doctors behind him. "Trying to get away from here." I hissed, trying to get up but my legs refused to move.

"Let me help you." 

"No I'm fine." 

"No you're not." but before I could protest, Noah had scooped me up and carried me to my bed.

"I don't need help I'm fine." Grumbling I put the duvet over me. The doctors flitted around me checking my heart rate whilst the nurses started prodding me with syringes and needles. "I am fine." I screamed, I didn't need people fussing about me.

"Listen to them."  Noah growled grabbing a chair and sitting next to me. "No" I squirmed, the nurses were having such a problem that Noah had to hold be down whilst they placed the needles into my skin. When they had finished I sat in silence fuming of how I was being treated. Being near Noah was setting my skin on fire, I couldn't take it anymore I had to speak to him.

"Where am I?

"A hospital"

I thought, why did I need to be in hospital? "Why?" I said aloud.  

"I wonder why." Noah hissed, his voice becoming more and more deadly. "It maybe because you TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE, SHOT A BULLET INTO YOUR BRAIN, BEING IN A COMA FOR TWO DAYS AND ACTING LIKE A COMPLETE LUNATIC." He bellowed. 

That set my anger off. "I was acting rational, you just don't understand." I screeched. "You never will."

"Tell me Eliza, I want to help you, but you won't let me. You keep me in the dark. You shut people off Becca's you are afraid of what will happen." Noah took my hand, his thumb rubbing mypalm. 

I closed my eyes. He thought he wanted too know. "I can't tell you." I whispered.

"Why not, I'm your mate."  His anger had diminished so quickly. 

"I can't." I sobbed. "I can't be your mate.I can't be anything to you" I shook my head vigorously, tears started to trickle down my cheek, why did he have to make we feel so weak usually I put this wall up that stopped people from reaching me but Noah knows how to see the true me, the messed up, broken me.

"Even if I get marked with a hot poker every time I touch you, I wouldn't stop loving you." He sighed, using his thumb, he wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I don't think you understand, you need to let me go because I will just cause your pack pain and death."  I whispered. "I'm not letting you go." Noah growled.