Chapter 15

Zayden

My phone rang while i stuffed my face with eggs, i looked at the screen and saw it was Nick, i got up from the table and went to the window.

"Sup dude" Nick sounded so excited it made me smile.

"Hey man you want to hang?" i could hear him tumbling around his room.

"Why we hung out on Friday?" i stared out at the pool.

"Okay so i have this gig to do for my band and i was wondering if you would come and watch, i mean everyone else is going to be there."

"When is it?"

"Seriously? dude it's tonight." i suddenly felt dumb of course it was tonight he wouldn't ask me to come hang tonight if it wasn't.

"Sorry man, i got school tomorrow." i just couldn't take my eyes off the pool it suddenly looked so blue.

"Please, please, please come Zay, it would make my day" he was begging so hard but i did have school the next day.

"Sorry i can't, hey i got to go and good luck with your gig."

"Okay and thanks i guess we'll hang next time, okay bye."

I hung up, moved over to the table and began to eat again.

I looked up when i felt my moms eyes on me "Who was that?"

"Nick." i said before putting another spoon of eggs in my mouth.

"Who?"she sounded so surprised that it hurt, i could make friends.

"Nick i met him about two months ago."

She smiled "oh is he blonde with blue eyes?"

"Yeah, how did you know that?"

"Because we are in your head silly."

"What?!" i said shooting up from the table.

They all stood up with their forks and knives, i froze i had no idea what to do, then i felt a hand in mine and looked down, it was Layla.

"Lets go!" she pulled me and lead me out the back door and we jumped into the pool.

My eyes flew open and i was still in the shower, i was laying down and the water was pouring down on me, i rubbed my eyes to clear up the blur but it wasn't working. Then the door flew open revealing mom and dad as they ran to me, dad grabbed the towel, while mom pulled me up to her from my fetal position.

Dad turned off the tap, wrapped the towel around me before pulling me off the floor, everything was in a haze as dad moved me over to my bed. Mom moved the towel from around me drying me off before pulling the sheet over my naked form and moving on to dry my head.

She picked up my pills and put two in my mouth before sending water in after them, she pulled a sweat pants and t-shirt from the draw before moving over to get me dressed as dad turned his back.

Soon after Layla came in, ran and jumped on the bed next to me, laid down and took my hand in hers, she gave me a warm smile before my eyes closed in.

I opened my eyes and i was a kid again, but instead of mom Layla was lying next to me, i was about to talk when she put her fingers over my mouth and whispered,  "shh, if they hear us they will come."

I nodded before i closed in my eyes.

--

I opened my eyes to find Layla sleeping with her head on my chest, i was about to move when she held my hand " stay still you're still sleeping, he's watching us" she whispered and i closed in my eyes a little.

I turned my head a little to see a dark figure standing at the door, i shut my eyes immediately.

--

I opened my eyes and shook Layla, her eyes opened " are we still sleeping?"

She giggled " no i think we're awake" we both stretched and yawned.

We went downstairs to see everyone watching TV, they looked at us and mom came over hugging me.

"Thank god you're okay." i nodded and smiled at her.

"You are really heavy" dad said from his chair before snickering making me pout and everyone laughed before we sat and watched TV.