Chapter 6

*Keith*

I was sitting with dad talking about Zayden, when we heard a loud thump, we got up and as we ran upstairs we heard the breaking of glass, we ran into Zay's room, only to see mom holding him crying.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, not my baby, please not my baby!"

She rocked back and forth holding him, I ran over and checked his pulse, It was weak, I grabbed him and threw him over shoulder, we ran down the stairs, dad grabbed his keys.

Mom got in the back, I put him in the back with her, and sat in the passenger seat, dad sped off, going out onto the main road. Swerving through cars, avoiding everyone and everything, I looked back and saw mom clutching onto Zayden's Lim body, her tears fell on his face.

"Please no, I can't loose him, it can't happen again!" she continued crying.

We finally reached the hospital, dad ran in and came out with a few people on his tracks, with a bed in their grasp. We put him on it, me and mom ran ij after them as dad locked the jeep.

**********

An hour later we were all in the hospital room, dad paced up and down the room, holding onto his chin, mom sat next to Zayden holding his hands tight. I just stood there watching him, as his limp body moved once in a while and his eyes fluttered, there was no doubt in my mind that he was having another nightmare, I wanted to wake him up but I couldn't.

The doctor walked in "okay everyone, we have good and bad news, good news is that it's just exhaustion, the bad news is that he's going to  be out for a while."

My mom sounded terrified "what?!"

  "It means he's open to his nightmares, there is no shaking him awake when he has one" at that point the most interesting thing to him were his shoes.

We all just stood there, staring at Zayden not know what to do, he jolted, his eyes flickered even more, after seeing that mom dropped to the ground crying, dad went over and held her.

The doctor sighed and left the room, I followed him and grabbed ahold of his arm "is there anything you can do?!"

"No, not really."

"What about his meds, can't you liquefy it and put it in his saline?!"

"That kind of medicine isn't safe to mix with what we're giving him now, it could cause him more trouble than he's already in, he could possibly end up in a coma."

"Then that means he has to go through that till he wakes up?!"

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do for him ."

He walked away leaving me as my hope crashed to the ground, I felt helpless, like I was about to loose him.

I walked back in the room , my dad was still trying to comfort my mom, I went and sat on the other side of his hand he got worse.

"If you can hear me, you have to hurry and wake up!"

*Zayden*

I opened my eyes, it was dark, there was something wrapped around my wrist, holding me off of the floor, just then the door opened and I saw the little girl standing at the entrance.

She walked over to me "is it nice up there?"

I spat at her "go away!"

"Why would I? we're finally getting to play together."

"Fuck off!"

She smiled and I came down for some reason, I stared at her and then  myself I was a kid again, I had brown curly hair and bright hazel eyes with freckles I hadn't seen in years. I was in my white shirt, blue jeans, black converse and a brown sweater.

She grabbed my hand and we ram out of the room, into a playground, I saw other children, it was the rotten kids, they weren't rotten anymore, neither were their clothes. They were happy we held hands played ring of roses, played on the swings, the monkey bars, the spinner we were all having fun.

Then a woman in a beautiful dress and a big smile came up to us "time for lunch!"

We ran behind her, we sat, ate sandwiches, drank juice milk and finally finished, the two adults cleaned up while we played.

"Okay children, it's time to go, get on the bus."

We all ran onto it, I sat by the door, next to the boy, I still couldn't figure out his name, until he hit me and I automatically looked at the teacher.

"Michael, be nice to Zayden!"

He turned his head away and I could hear him mumble something, but I ignored him.