Bittersweet: Chapter Thirty-Three

THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND HEAVILY EDITED. NAMES, PLACES, AND SOME SCENES WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SOME STUFF WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SOME WILL BE ADDED.

THE INITIAL PLOT STAYS THE SAME.

So, if you begin reading as of 5/21/2021 and choose to read ahead further than I have updated-some things might be confusing or might not make sense. As of right now and will continue, slowly, adding the new chapters as I write them. CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE has been rewritten & updated.

**IF A CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN/EDITED THE ^^ABOVE^^ NOTE WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER.

MUSIC VIDEO ^^

Bittersweet

Austin

The moonlight streams through the window perfectly illuminating her sleeping form. Her pale blonde hair is fanned out over the plush pillow beneath her and the gentle breaths passing through her slightly parted pink lips tell me that she's resting peacefully-deeply. She's lying half way on her side, her breasts being covered by her arm that extends towards the middle of the bed where I'd been just a little while ago. The soft pink sheets barely draped over her naked hip leaving the small swell in her lower stomach visible to me. If I hadn't been up close and personal to her body as much as I had this summer, I might not have noticed it. But I had been and the sight before me did nothing but confirm that my baby was there, nestled safely in her belly.

Just the vision of this sleeping woman is calling me back to bed. I want nothing more than to slip back under that sheet and cover her body with mine.

To love her a little deeper. To hold her a little tighter. To bury myself into her body just once more.

It's half past four in the morning and I've barely slept since we had gotten back from Lenora's. Granted, we'd spent the first couple of hours rolling around in her sheets, letting our bodies rather than our mouths speak for how we felt in that moment. I imagine if I'd been on the outside looking in that our bodies were moving together desperately, trying our best to push past all the shit that was going on.

Maybe we were simply trying to ignore it.

We didn't stop until we were equally exhausted. She was spent, literally. I realized it when she fell asleep while her back was nestled against my chest and my cock still inside of her. The selfish part of me wanted to keep her awake with me. I wanted to keep going until I'd fucked all of the worry from her body-from my body. Instead, I settled with being seated deeply inside her as I fell in and out of consciousness the next few hours. Never fully asleep. Every single time she moved or clenched her thighs the right way, my shaft would swell inside of her, aching to take her even in her slumber.

But I refused to wake her for my own selfish reasons.

Her plan was to stay awake with me until I left. She'll be mad at me when she wakes and realizes that I let her fall asleep. She'll be even more upset when she realizes I left without saying goodbye. But I can't think about how devastated she'll be when she realizes I'm already gone in the morning. I just fucking can't.

This is for the best.

She needs to rest, and she doesn't need to be sent into a frenzy because she has to watch me drive away from her. Not only that, but I'm not sure I'd be able to leave if I had to look her in the eyes before I got in the car that's already waiting for me in the drive. Maybe that was selfish of me too, but I was just as torn up about this as she was.

And well, this isn't goodbye.

I finished up scribbling a few words on the sunflower decorated notepad that I'd found on the desk next to her sewing machine and then reached down for the leather lace-up shoes. I huffed, remembering the first day I laid eyes on that girl. The day she wore sheer undergarments and slid off that questionably sturdy dock for an afternoon swim. She told me I wouldn't see a thing.