Bittersweet: Chapter Eight

THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND HEAVILY EDITED. NAMES, PLACES, AND SOME SCENES WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SOME STUFF WILL BE TAKEN OUT AND SOME WILL BE ADDED.

THE INITIAL PLOT STAYS THE SAME.

So, if you begin reading as of 5/21/2021 and choose to read ahead further than I have updated-some things might be confusing or might not make sense. As of right now and will continue, slowly, adding the new chapters as I write them. CHAPTER EIGHT has been rewritten & updated.

**IF A CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN/EDITED THE ^^ABOVE^^ NOTE WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER.

#There is mature content in this chapter#

Chapter Eight

Eliza

I may have lost my ever-loving mind when I propositioned him. I never actually thought I'd have to proposition someone to take my damn virginity off my hands but...Here we are. I hadn't spent much time contemplating the consequences of what I'd ask him to do. All I could see was red when Jack told me that I was too innocent for him. Like it's a bad thing. A terrible thing.

Because of that, I'm lying naked and spread open for a man I barely know. Although at this point, I don't think he minds. Actually, if the heat in his gaze tells me anything, it's that taking my virginity off my hands won't be difficult for him at all which makes me feel somewhat better.

I haven't changed my mind yet, so that's something. In actuality, all nerves aside, I'm curious. I'm ready. I'd spent the last four years basically static, in place while I'll all of my friends ran face forward into life. Into excitement. Sneaking out. Kissing boys. Getting felt up in the back seat of their parent's cars. Losing their virginities. For the first time since I started feeling so strongly about Jack, I found myself regretting that I never gave myself those kinds of opportunities.

But it's my turn, now. Better late than never, right?

And the feel of his mouth on me and fingers trailing down my body and pushing inside me did nothing but seal the deal. I wanted more. I wanted more of him. I'd never felt...Pure need, like I did when he was close to me. At this point, all I wanted to do was feel wanted and the way he was looking at me made me feel utterly consumed.

It's a win, win situation for both of us, right? He'd get an easy body for the night, and I'd get to show Jack Bowen that I'm no longer the little girl he used to know.

"Hart?" Austin calls out, pulling me from my thoughts. His fingers that were just inside of my body grabbed me by the chin, taking my attention. "Where did you just go?"

I don't say anything because I think I'll be a stuttering mess if I do. He's between my legs, hovering over me now with his big hands on either side of my head. His body is so big in comparison to mine that I feel like he could break me if he truly wanted to.

He's. Freaking. Everywhere.

His chest is broad, lean, and defined perfectly. The dark hair peppering over his skin calls out to me, begging me to run my fingers through it. And without even thinking, that's exactly what I do. I hesitantly lift my hands to his chest letting my fingers tangle through the dark hair there. The nail of my index finger gently glides over one of his nipples and he groans.

But they don't stop.

They drift over his collar bone and then up the pulsing vein in his neck. It's then that I look up to face him. He's watching me carefully like he's feeling out to see if I'm well and truly ready for what I'm asking him to do. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. In retrospect, I skipped over basically everything. Sure, I'd given my first kiss away years ago. But tonight, with Jack, that was the first time I'd actually made out with someone. I'm going from one extreme to the other, here.