1--New Beginnings

Chapter 1- New Beginnings

Beep.....Beep....Beep....Beep.....

The loud noise awakened me, while the feeling of air traveled through my nose in a rapid flow, it came from the clear breathing tube that was lying beneath my nostrils. I took small breaths, since the air was a lot to handle.

My eyes were now wide opened and I was now alert, I allowed my vision to shift around the hospital room. That was quite spacious.

The ceiling lights were letting of a pineapple color, that was lightly dimmed, it reflected off of the orange painted wall. the sky behind the blinds of the window were pitch black. And a nurse tutorial was playing on television that was placed on the wall

"Ow!" I winced in pain as I attempted to sit up. But was held back from the piercing feeling in my stomach, it felt as if I was being shank with a chain saw repeatedly.

A woman's hand reached out and grabbed mine, I quickly turned to see who was my in company me, it was Nayomi, she cracked a slight smile and gently rubbed my wrist.

"Hey girl, take it easy okay?"

I nodded my head yes and swallowed hard as looked down at my hands that were swollen. My body felt sore and I was extremely drousy.
"How did you know I was here?" I asked in a curious tone, saying that I don't even remember how I got here or what even occurred at the scene.

"Well they got a hold of your phone and since I was the first person in your call history, they called me, they said some guys found you and brought you in. Nessa who did this?" She asked as she held my hand staring at my IV.

"Well I attempted to kill Kada, but things didn't go as I planned. At first everything was going smooth. I kidnapped the hoe, took her this warehouse and just as I was about to shoot her ass some bitch shot me"

She hopped from her seat and instantly got heated, pacing back and forth with her two pointer fingers of each sides of her temples.

"Why the fuck you ain't call me?! How you gon go by your god damn self!"

I took a slow deep breat and ignored her questioning. "Did the doctors say anything to you?"

"Well you got shot twice, once in the stomach and once in the back of your shoulder, it's not crucial though, they shot you in your lower stomach. You really should've just stayed put Janessa."

"I can't wait til I get out, so I can kill her ass for real next time" I felt anger boiling inside of me.

"Girl don't worry about killin nobody, yo daughter could've lost you last night."

"Kada needs to go" I felt tears forming my eyes of the thought of her putting me through all of this shit. I just want the bitch to rot in hell and get what she deserves.

"Say if you do kill her, you ass gon' get locked up. Then who is daughter going to have after that, huh? You need to leave Atlanta girl, just pack up your baby and fly."

"I am.....next year"

"No bitch! Yo ass gotta go as soon as possible! Kada is probably out to kill your ass! It's nothin here for you anyway. You need a fresh start...,you listenin' Nessa?"

"But I never been no where before"

"Go Nessa, okay. You deserve better and your baby do too, move out of state, start a new beginning, you lost yo virginity, yo niece and I'm sure they had something to do with your mama, they fuckin you up Nes."

"Pack yo bags and leave" she held my hand tight and gave me a sincere look.

3 years later.