part 8

Jeff waited in the forest for Slenderman to show up. He had to think of a story fast. He could say that the girl was not there, but he would know better. He came up with several other ideas that could possibly pass, but he shot them back down. Not only would he have to deal with Slendy's reaction to him not killing the girl, but also keep him from going near her.

There was something different about that victim, but Jeff could not figure it out. She reacted completely normal, the same way any human would have reacted to him. Yet, for some reason, she fought Jeff's need to kill. Jeff figured that not even the human knew she was doing that, seeing that she physically did nothing to him. As he thought about her, his feeling to kill faded down even more. It was replaced by something…protective. A feeling like the one that had possessed him when he and Liu were attacked by Randy and his crew. Jeff was split at this thought. One part of him mourned for his brother, but the other was excited, knowing that this protectiveness would eventually fade.

Jeff's train of thought was interrupted by Slenderman's sudden appearance. He looked up towards Jeff, and coldly said "I don't smell any new blood on you, Jeff. That would imply you have not made the kill."

"I visited." Jeff stated plainly. "I thought she could spread the fear around town." He smile and his confidence grew. "I thought such a master of fear such as you would understand this logic."

Slendy grinned. "I give you credit for your attempt, Jeff. However, you failed, so now it's my turn." His tongue came out from his mouth and licked his nonexistent lips. "Besides, I haven't had a meal in few days."

Jeff felt his pulse quicken. "I thought you didn't enjoy the older meat."

The Slenderman chuckled. "I don't. Not as much, but she will do." Then, he was gone.

Jeff reached into his pocket and pulled out the knife from his hoodie pocket. Son of a fucking bitch. He knew what he was going to do next. He was also aware that he would not like a single second of it.

He began running back to the house. Once he reached the yard, he climbed back up the tree that gave him access to her window, which was still shattered. Jeff looked in and saw one of Slendy's tendrils holding the girl up by her neck, no doubt squeezing the air and life out of her. Her hands moved up against the tendril, attempting to pull it away from her. Two more sprouted from Slendy's back and grabbed each of her wrists. The most pathetic cries that Jeff had ever heard barely escaped her mouth before her voice could not be heard anymore.

Jeff jumped through the window again and lunged at the Slenderman. The hand with his knife was caught by another tendril. Jeff maneuvered his hand so that he could bite the tentacle. He bit down with enough force to cause him to jerk back the limb. Jeff regained his ground and stabbed the tendril that was choking the girl. It released itself and drew back as well.

Slenderman's focus changed from the teenage girl to Jeff, who was attacking him. "You will pay for that, Jeffrey." He hissed as his tendrils dropped the girl's motionless body to the floor. He turned to Jeff, who was already ducking and headed towards his legs. Jeff was stabbing Slenderman's legs as the tendrils grabbed him by the torso. "You're pathetic. Protecting a human." Now, they were face to face. Jeff stabbed his knife into Slender's face, a huge smile resurfacing to his face. He pulled it out and Slendy's face healed itself immediately. "As I said pathetic." Then, his tendril began squeezing Jeff. He inhaled deeply as breathing became harder. Slendy turned Jeff to the human girl who was still unmoving on the floor. Another tendril grabbed the pillow off her bed, and bought it over her face. The tendril then forced the pillow down, again, attempting to suffocate her.

"Hehe…Watch your pathetic little human die, Jeff." Slenderman chuckled evilly. Jeff struggled against the grip, and eventually stabbed his knife back into Slendy's tendril, this time, it pierced all the way through to the other side. Slenderman's tendrils al drew back. He gripped Jeff's shoulder and turned him towards himself. "Save your little girlfriend." Then, he was gone.

Jeff scrambled to the girl and lowered his head to her chest. He heard her heartbeat and found himself relieved, which partially disgusted him. He looked down at her as she was draped in unconsciousness. What was so special about this human to him? Jeff hated that he could not figure out the answer to that. There was just a part of him that found comfort in knowing that she was safe now.

Jeff suddenly scolded himself as he came back to reality. He lifted the girl up onto her bed and pulled the covers over her. He stood as he continued to watch her. Why are you important to me? He thought to himself. He brushed some of her hair out of her face and saw the bite mark in her neck created by him from not even two hours ago. The urge to kill became a bit stronger, but as soon as Jeff's gaze went back to the girl's face, it subdued. It occurred to him that he spared this human's life, saved it, and yet did not know her name. Perhaps it was better that way.

He walked back over to the window and climbed out, taking one last look at the human before he descended to the ground. As he did, Jeff knew he would be staying in the area to observe her. He wanted to know why he…cared…about her so much. Once he found out why, he would get rid of it. Then, she'd be dead.