Love Kills Slowly Chapter 20

MATT'S POV 

I woke up that morning with a horrible feeling in my stomache. It was as if someone had thrown a brick straight at it. I gave a loud groan and rolled out of bed. What a strange dream. But it all felt so horribly real.  

I had to phone Rae. I picked up my mobile from my heavily cluttered desk and dialed her number. 

"Rae?" 

" Yeah, it's me. Who were you expecting? Lord Voldemort? Whaddyawant?" Someone had obviously not completely woken up. 

"Nothing. What's up with Christina?" I asked.  

"Matt," Rae said softly, "How do you know that she's moving?" 

I gave a confused look and replied, "What? She's moving? This explained the dream, just all to well."" 

"Well, yeah. She was crying all night, I heard her when I left the room. Strong girl. She trys so hard to put on a brave face." Rae said. 

"I'm going with her. Please, don't tell anyone about this. I beg you. My parents..." I pleaded, once she told me when Christina was due to leave. 

"What? You can't get onto that train. Those tickets are just too expensive. Besides, your parents would be sick with fear." 

"I'll just have to sneak on..." I muttered into the phone. 

"That's a stupid idea! What, with no one knowing where you are, all alone, sneaking onto a train, illegally. You must be out of your mind. You are blinded by love, Matt! Don't do it!" Rae said shrilly. 

"How are you going to stop me?" I asked. I suddenly regretted telling her in the first place. 

"I shall tell your parents." She threatened. "I'm sorry Matt, but you give me no choice. I have to. I can't let you do this. You'll get yourself killed. I know you will." 

"I thought I could trust you. Forget it." I mumbled, before ending the call. Why did she have to get involved? It had nothing to do with her in the first place. I always searched for support from Rae, and this was the first time that I had not received it. I had put all my faith in my cousin, and she had thrown it away. It was a disappointment, to say the least. But she wasn't going to stop me.  

I was going to get on that train, like it or not. 

But first of all, I needed money. I put on some socks and walked downstairs to face my parents. 

"Morning!" My mum chirped, with a smile glued onto her face. This was going to be hard. 

"Hey mum. Can I ask you something?" I asked, a bit more seriously than I had planned. 

"Of course, spit it out," she said, whilst mixing pancake batter for my brother.  

"CanIhave£500foratrainticketpleasebecauseIhaven'tgotthemoneyandIreallyneedit?" I replied. The attempt to say it really quickly had left me breathless, and I breathed in heavilly as a result.  

She frowned as she tried to figure out what I had said, and then looked at me. "Matt, we don't have that sort of money to spend for a train ticket. And besides, you'd have to pay for accomodation, where ever you went. It's out of the equation. And besides, you're too young." 

I gave a loud protest, picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and headed back upstairs. If they were'nt going to help me, I'd have to do it myself. Simple.  

A few hours, I was standing at the front of the school gate. I dialed the ticket hotline's number, which I had found on the internet and gave a nervous look, and tighte 

"Hello. Quarell and Synems, train ticket booking service," said a formal voice on the other end. by the sounds of it, the person was a woman. 

"Good Morning, I would like to book a single ticket please," I wheezed, attempting to match my father's deep voice. 

"Ah, what is your name, sir?" She asked. "No, you're not. Don't lie to me Matt," she replied, when I gave my father's name. 

"How do you know it's me?" I said, in a suprised tone, with my normal voice. 

"I can see you from my window. And I know your father. He's good friends with my husband. He talks about you quite often." 

"How can you see me? Where are you?" I asked in astonishment, turning my head in every possible direction. 

"In the office block opposite your school, third floor, fifth window to the left. Nice school bag you've got there. Return that credit card too. It won't be of any use. Can you see me? I'm waving at you." 

I looked at the great big grey building and from the third floor, I saw a middle aged, brown haired woman waving at me. I grinned and waved back, before hearing the bell ring.  

"Sounds like you have to head of to class." 

"Yeah. Bye." 

"Goodbye Matt," she said, before putting the phone down, leaving me to walk into the school building.