Chapter 1

His body was embraced by a pair of soft white feather wings. The wings kept him warm from the cold night. His crystal blue eyes reflected the falling snow. The snow melting in his blonde messy hair looked like diamonds.

I sketched the wings. They were soft and made of white feathers.

The boy looked mysterious. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes, pure and bright.

Roughly I sketched the outerlines of his body. Suddenly a snowflake fell on the paper. I stared into the night, snow was falling. A couple walked by. The high heels of the woman gave me chills. I inhaled the cold air. It was winter, and the first snow of the year had already fallen. Roofs were covered in thick snow. I loved it, I loved all of the winter. Tomorrow was my birthday, I was going to be 16. I stood up from the bench I was sitting on. My dark brown hair was in my face, but for once I didn't mind. I caught someone looking at me in the corners of my eye. Slowly I turned around.

As I expected I saw nothing.

"Don't get paranoid Elurra People think you are crazy." I muttered.

Crap I'm really getting paranoid I'm talking to myself. I bit on my lip as I walked to my house, still aware that a pair of eyes was looking at my back.

"Don't look around. Don't look around." I clenched my fists. I sped my pace and as soon I saw my house I sighed in relief.

I opened the door and as sneaky I could I walked to my bedroom.

"Dαmn." as the floor under me cracked.

I looked in my jacket, but my sketch wasn't there. I looked outside the window, trying to figure out whether I should go back or not. It was already 10 PM.

I sighed and I collpased on my bed.

"Elurra." he whispered as he took out his hand.

I wanted to grab his hand, but I pulled back.

"Trust me." he whispered again.

"I can't." I whispered back staring into his crystal blue eyes.

He took a step forward.

"Please Elurra." He said as he cupped my face.

I shook my head, not willing to face him.

He sighed and let go.

"You need to win her trust, son. If she doesn't trust you you'll never be..." the voice faded away.

"Yes father." the boy said.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I started to panic.

"I'm your dream." he said.

"I wouldn't dream of someone like you..." I looked at him.

He smiled and shook his head.

"I'm not who you think I am. Trust me."

"Prove me that you're worth it." I demanded.

The boy sighed.

"I knew it wouldn't be so easy." he smiled.

"Well if you wouldn't look like... Well you know. It might be a lot easier" I pointed out.

"Like what? Hot? Nice? Stunning? Gorgeous?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"No." I smirked.

"Sometimes the outside is manipulating." he came closer, his eyes pierced into mine.

Suddenly he vanished into white dust.

"Wait!" I yelled.

My eyes quickly opened. I looked at the alarm clock. Two bright red neon letters told me it was 12:19.

With a sigh I got out of my bed.

I've been getting these dreams for a while now, but why is it always him and why do we always get the same conversations? So many unanswered questions. I looked into the mirror. My dark brown hair fell like a wall for my face. I wiped the hair away. My eyes were deep chocolate brown. I decided to go downstairs.

"Happy birthday!" my mom held her arms out.

"Thanks." I muttered as I hugged her.

"Aren't you excited? I baked a cake. My daughter is already sixteen!..." mom continued like it was her own birthday.

The doorbell rang. I walked to the door, finally finding an escape to my mother's enthusiasm. I opened the door, finding a little velvet red box with an envelope. On the envelope was written with an elegant handwriting Elurra.

I looked around me, trying to find the person who gave me this. But there wasn't any sign, not even a footstep in the snow. I shut the door and walked to my room. No one's handwriting could be like this. It was just perfect, I thought as I opened the envelope.

When the night comes, its beauty shall be exposed.

The star and the moon will find balance.

When the full moon reaches,

Say this poem out loud:

Fire, Earth, Water and Air.

And then there's the rare.

Forbidden in Oneira.

Darkness has come in this era.

Their souls are filled with dreams.

But later they turn out in greed it seems.

They have become nightmares,

Wanting the world to become theirs.

But it's not over yet.

When The Light comes no more tears will be shed.

"Weird..." I muttered as I opened the box.

I gasped. In the middle there was a bracelet. The black cord was nothing special, but in the middle there was a beautiful star shaped stone. The stone was smooth and cold. On the backside it said Elurra in the same elegant handwriting.

"The star and the moon will find balance." I repeated the text of the letter as I held the bracelet.

"A clue..." I looked around in my room. I stopped as I saw a poster from the universe.

"The full moon." I muttered and I walked to my desk and started the computer.

"Full moon calendar" I typed in the search box. I scrolled down to December. The number 19 was replaced with a dot.

"That means that today we would get a full moon" I muttered.

The night came, I stared at the bracelet. What I did was ridiculous. I mean, it was my birthday. And instead of partying with my friends and eating cake I was standing here alone in a dark room waiting for the moon. Only because I got a mysterious package. I read the poem again, but I was distracting by an overwhelming light. I looked at the bracelet, it suddenly shone like thousands diamonds reflectig rainbows everywhere in my room. I stared outside, the full moon reached its highest point.

I took a breath and read the poem out loud.

"Fire, Earth, Water and Air. And then there's the rare" I paused and looked at the bracelet, it became brighter.

I finished the last sentence of the poem. And then everything became dark.

A/N

Hello! :)

This is my first story on Wattpad! Hope you like it.

Why I chose the name Elurra? Because it literally means Snow in Basque.

In the poem you read the word Oneira, Oneira means dreams in Greek (ονειρα)

It's possible that I have spelling/grammar mistakes, because I'm from the Netherlands and I have a few languages to keep up with and English is my third language.

Tell me if there's a mistake, I'll correct it.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Vote & Comment

xwinkk