Chapter Fourteen

Lauren's POV

"Are you going to let me in?" She said after I kept looking at her without a word.

"Um..." I looked over at Camila who was looking at me curiously. "I don't think that now is the best time mo-I mean Mrs. Jonas I wasn't expecting you obviously." I said to her just hoping that she would go away.

"Lauren I know that you weren't expecting me, but I drove a long way the least you can do is talk to me." I could tell right now that she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

I adjusted Skylar on my hip. "Okay, can I meet you somewhere?" I asked.

"I guess that will work, I hadn't eaten lunch yet so you want to meet me at that nice sandwich shop." She suggested.

"Sure, can you give me fifteen minutes?" I asked.

"Alright see you in fifteen minutes." She said then she left.

I smiled before closing the door; I walked back over to Camila and Zach and took a seat.

"Who was that at the door?" Camila asked.

"It was my mother-in-law-ex-mother-in-law she wants to talk to me." I relayed.

"Oh, it didn't seem like you talked." She observed.

"Yeah, she wanted to meet up somewhere for lunch. I wanted to ask you if you'd watched the boys so that I could meet up with her it won't be long, if not I could call Bea." I asked.

"No I could do it, is it normal to talk to ex-mother-in-laws?" She asked inquisitively.

"I have no idea but I guess I should just hear what the woman has to say." I said knowing this whole thing was weird.

"Alright, well I'll watch the boys and feed them lunch." She said with a smile.

I smile back. "Just know I'm not looking forward to this I have no idea what she wants from me." I was dubious about the whole thing.

"I'm sure it'll be fine you've known the woman for year's right?" She addressed.

"Yeah, it should be fine but I'm still not completely at ease, thank you for watching the boys." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"It's no problem, get going so that you can come back to us." She said forever biting that lip of hers.

"Okay." I said leaning in kissing her on the lips.

I kissed Zach on the head he was so wrapped up in the movie he had no idea what was going on around him. I kissed Skylar and I sat him beside Camila and she wrapped her arm around the little guy. I thanked Camila again before leaving to meet up with my ex-mother-in-law.

On the way there I was freaking out, my mother-in-law, or whatever, and I were never particularly close. Yeah we were friendly and would talk when we were put in the same setting but that was about it, so I had no idea why she wanted to talk to me.

I pulled up to the restaurant I seen her car already there hopefully I didn't keep her waiting too long. I parked then I got out of the car and I went into the restaurant, it was a small place so I spotted her right away and I took a seat with her. A waitress walked over to us taking our order immediately, once she was gone she looked at me and I gulped not noticeably I hope.

"So Lauren, how have you been doing?" She asked.

"I've been doing really good thanks for asking." I replied, this was so beyond awkward. "Can I ask you the reason you wanted to see me because this just seems a bit odd?" I wasn't about beating around the bush if there was something she wanted to say I'd rather her just say it.