Chapter 3

Here you go! Please vote and comment when you can! :) Enjoy~

-K.R. Evangelista

- Chapter 3 -

His eyes connected with my wide ones, and I was suddenly a bit scared of him. I slightly pushed him away, hoping he would get the message that he can let me go now. I thought he was going to let go, but he did the exact opposite. His hold on me tightened, gentle enough not to hurt me, but tight enough so that I cannot escape his embrace. 

I watched in deep fascination as those eyes suddenly morphed from being angry to being confused at first, then suddenly his eyes lightened up in awareness and slight shock. His emotions were changing pretty fast that I didn't get to see each one of them but I did notice the sudden adoration and amusement dancing in those eyes.

He was just angry a while ago, and now he was ... happy?

My thoughts were cut short when his forehead touched mine and I was able to see his eyes up close. It was really gorgeous, even more so as it was framed by long eyelashes that put mine to shame. Our noses were almost touching, so was our lips but I was frozen on the spot as all of this happened. I was scared to move, scared that even one tiny movement would break this moment. My brain wasn't working as well, it was hyper aware of what was happening. 

That was until an image flashed in my mind. This had happened to me before, just not with these violet orbs. Instead, it was with those sky blue eyes that I used to love so much. Those thoughts were enough to make my body move again as I shoved this guy away from me. He was shocked by my reaction so his hold on me loosened, just enough for me to escape and hightail it as fast as I can away from him. 

I wanted to look back, to see what his reaction would be but I realized that I'm scared to see if he was hurt with what I just did. But more than that, I was scared of these feelings. I wasn't supposed to care for a guy I just met. I shouldn't be concerned on whether I hurt his feelings or not. I don't want to feel like this for a guy, not while I'm still trying to get over someone else. 

I didn't know where I was running to, but I do know that I have to find a quiet and isolated place where I can think and control my emotions. The tears I was holding back would fall soon and I don't want anybody to see that I was crying. I luckily found the library and went straight to the last row of book shelves. It was like all the energy in me flew away as I slumped down on the floor, putting my hand over my mouth to prevent any sound from escaping. 

Images were once again flashing on my mind. And this time, I didn't fight it. I closed my eyes, just letting it flow into my head, recalling those times that I used to cherish.

-Flashback-

He called me last night and asked me to meet him at the park close to my house. I asked him on why can't we just meet at his house or mine but he said it can't be on those places, and that he had something important to tell me. I didn't bug him anymore, thinking it was just something silly again.

I remembered before, when he said that he have something important to tell me as well. We were still little kids, just barely 7 years old. I was actually nervous to hear what he was going to say, because his face looked so grim and serious. 

"What is it, did something happen?"

He nodded. Now that I looked at his face clearly, it looked like he was close to tears. 

"Tell me?" He shaked his head no at first, before looking up at my worried face then looked down again. I barely heard what he said because he said it in a really quiet voice.