Dinner Talk

A/N. Hiya guys! Finally, right? Don't skip this I need you guys to read this:

I've been really depressed lately. Not like the suicide depressed, but writing depressed. This reviewer said quite some time ago that I tend to ramble a lot in my stories so I'm trying to change that. But it was a flame so I was moody for about two days. :P Anyways, I got a new review that totally woke me up.

I went to check on the reviews again, and I smiled. I grinned. I laughed.

I want to thank every single one of you guys! The good and the bad. :) The normal and the crazy. The loud and the quiet. Your reviews get me going, and enough to get me writing again. :D

I love every single one of you guys! I'd thought I'd let you know.

And no-this is not an ending chapter. :)

Oh, I'm writing in 3rd POV now, sorry I keep switching. :P

DISCLAIMER: Haven't done these in awhile. I do not own the Sisters Grimm. Only the plot, Helena, the adobo, and the butterknife in this chapter. :D

Chapter 5: Dinner Talk

Daphne swiveled in her spinning chair, and tapped a pen to her chin.

Something was wrong. Definitely.

Ever since that incident with the I-Love-Helena-And-Not-You Bombduring the stroll, Daphne remembered something.

Mustardseed never wore the bracelet at Puck's birthday party. But he had said that Helena had given it to him when he proposed to her on a date before they came to Ferryport Landing. So Mustardseed should have worn it at the party, but why didn't he? And also at the party, whenever Helena walked by, his smile faltered. Daphne failed to point that out until now, and was just remembering it. He would call Daphne, 'Daphne'; not any nicknames like 'Daffy' or 'Daph', and he was acting very in character too when Helene wasn't around. Well, besides the scene at the park: that was un-Mustardseed like.

And totally olive.

So she came to a conclusion.

Mustardseed was under some kind of spell. And it had to do with the bracelet he got from Helena.

Daphne was a detective; of course she would be able to figure it out. But what she was wondering was what spell did the bracelet use. If she figured out the spell, Uncle Jake could help her find a counteracting spell to break it.

But Helena obviously wasn't going to tell her; she practically loathed Daphne. And Mustardseed would get suspicious if Daphne asked him for the bracelet. So Daphne would have to steal it.

She didn't like stealing at all. She didn't like people stealing from her (a perfect example was the incident with Sabrina stealing the key to help Mr. Canis from Daphne). But if it was to help Mustardseed -and maybereveal his true feelings of Daphne- this Grimm was all for it!

Granny knocked on the door and slowly opened it, "Liebling?"

"Yeah, Granny?"

"Hurry down. Mustardseed, his mom, and Helena are here for dinner."

"Sure, Granny!" Daphne fake smiled. Granny Relda closed the door, and Daphne dropped the smile. She sighed loudly.

I can do this. I'll just steal it then return it.

Daphne closed her eyes then inhaled and exhaled. She opened the door and walked downstairs, with another fake grin plastered on her face.

Downstairs, Puck was being scolded by his mother, while Sabrina sat next to him awkwardly.