A New Alliance

**Spencer's POV**

     "I thought A already had Alison's diary?" Aria asked me curiously. I thought that too, but you know, it's Alison we are talking about, she probably had seven diaries. I watched as Megan silently stepped forward, setting the diary in Aria's hands.

     "I haven't read it..." Megan said to us, "I didn't think it would be right...to read someone else's private diary.." I nodded, respecting Megan's decision, as Aria flipped through the diary.
     "Pages are torn out. A lot of pages. At least thirty of them are missing. Thats probably why A wants this thing so bad, or should I say 'Red Coat', now," Aria said to us, "Megan, where did you find this?" I was curious to that myself, honestly. Megan continued staring at her feet, breathing lightly.
     "When Ali disappeared, my parents just gave me a box, and just told me this was some of Alison's old books, and trophies. I guess they didn't realize they gave me a book, that wasn't a book at all. I mean, I love to read, so looking through the books, I found it." I was honestly afraid the girls wouldn't believe Megan when she told them this, but I could tell by the looks on their faces that they did. Since Mona and Toby, sort of converted back to our side of this whole 'war', my trust level has been a lot lower I suppose. "A few days later, I started getting texts. From A. I figured they were just some kid at school messing with me, because people have been doing that for the past year and a half, but it got personal...really personal..things nobody could ever know."
     I looked at the other girls, and I could tell they were worried about her too. She is so much younger than us, and she doesn't have a boyfriend, or a big group of friends to help protect her.
     "I think it's obvious we need to get rid of this diary some how. None of us need to have this. It's basically making us a direct target for A." Emily said to all of us.
     "Throw it in the river. It will just disintigrate. Poof. It's gone." Megan chimed in. 
     "Allow me to point out," Hanna said, "The last time we tried to destroy something by throwing it in the river, A got it out. Let me also point out, that if A can get a car out of a river, they can get a diary out." Hanna had a point. When we tried to destroy the file in the river, it just surfaced again, and A got ahold of it. When Hanna and Aria tried to get rid of Wilden's car, once again, it came back. 
     "Megan, I don't want you staying alone," I said to her, "or at least remotely alone. Even if there are adults there, they don't know how much danger you're in. The person we're dealing with, ran Hanna over with a car, they drugged Emily, they killed Ian. Maybe you could stay with me?" I noticed that when I mentioned that A had killed someone, Megan's eyes widened. I know that if she wasn't scared before, she is now.
     "I-i'd like that," Megan said, "y-you're right...I don't n-need to be alone." I knew she was scared now. Her voice was studdering like hell. Kind of funny, Alison always used to studder when she was scared.
I looked over to the other girls, "You guys can stay over too. We need to get all this together." They all quickly nodded in agreement. I honestly wanted them all there. Being involved with Megan, does put us at a large risk, and makes us into a huge target.