Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen  

          ~~~~~ Adriana and Amy - Making the Big Move ~~~~~

     Amy was trying to think of the proper way to ask her girlfriend of almost a year a question while said girlfriend was between her legs watching TV. Amy gathered that she wasn't going to get a better chance so she decided to go for it. "Alright Ade we have been going out for quite some time now." She really didn't want to emphasize that they had sex way before that. It just wouldn't be proper. "I mean Gabriel loves me and even introduced me as his "mom's soon to be wife" to his best friend. Kylie sees me as your girlfriend with the potential to be your wife." She smiled loving the idea but knowing that Adriana was not ready to take the next step. Or so she said.

"So please tell me why I live on the other side of town when I practically live here? It's not like we took the lesbian joke seriously of moving in together after the second date, but it has been long enough don't you think?" Amy was on a roll and didn't let Adriana talk. She wanted to ask her to marry her already but didn't want Adriana to feel pressured. But she also didn't want to only be Adriana's girlfriend with wife potential. Amy wanted to be the wife.

She decided to settle for the next best thing. For now at least. "I mean I left my toothbrush here within two weeks of you making us an official couple which took you long enough by the way." Amy lightly punched Adriana on the arm careful not to over squeeze or drop the remote in her hand. She thought that the action would be enough to get her point across, but Adriana said and did nothing.

By the time Adriana had something to say Amy was already talking. "Furthermore you have met my mother, in the worst most uncomfortable manner, but none the less you have met her." Amy shuddered remembering the encounter all too well. It was not a pleasant memory. "My father, my father who practically sent my first ever love interest running out the door for his life after he asked him if he could take me out for ice cream loves you and your kids as if I gave birth to them. So tell me why I haven't met your parents and why you haven't asked me to move in with you?" Amy crossed her arms and took a few breaths trying to compose herself. She impatiently stared Adriana down waiting for an answer. After a while Adriana finally spoke.

"My parents are coming over for my birthday tomorrow which was when I was going to introduce you. It was going to be a surprise, but no you just had to ruin it. And honestly I thought you had moved in already. We go to work together. We sleep in the same room. You practically took over my house and my life the moment you could, so I thought you were already done with all the moving." Adriana smiled seeing as Amy got close to her but then saw Amy's hand flying in the air and ducked.

"For the love of God! You mean to tell me that I could have moved in with you months ago and not have to live with my fucking roommate who drives me to up a fucking wall?" Amy glared down at the nurse not believing she paid all that rent when she could have used that money for something else. The amount of money could have had true potential but instead was wasted on unnecessary rent.

"Amy calm down we will get the rest of your things when we come back from the Smiths. Shit!" Adriana got up from the couch in a hurry. "I forgot to tell you that we are having dinner with the Smiths tonight." Adriana looked at the time and realized that they were going to be late. She also realized that another object was going towards her. She ducked and slipped on the wooden floor falling on her stomach. "Babe can you please stop trying to kill me. Not that it's doesn't spice up the relationship, it's just that I kind of promised them I would celebrate my birthday early with them and bring Gabriel. Gabe wanted to try out that new soccer game with Mike." Adriana breathed deeply rubbing her stomach. She waited for Amy to come help her up, but the help never came.