Chapter Ten

I want everyone to sit down for a (maybe a few) minute(s). (If you are already sitting than get comfortable cause this is going to take a while). I'm going to tell you a few things that require you to read carefully and think. You don't need a pen and paper just your eyes and heart. (No I don't mean literally don't take it out your chest. don't try to play smart with me I want you alive for this.)

I have been on this earth for barely 21 years and have been through things that I would have never imagined. I lost my parents at a very young age to a drunk man who thought we had the money he needed to buy his next bottle of tequila. I went through the foster system and lived in the streets. I almost lost everything at one point and then for some reason got everything back in the form of two very weird girls (Rebecca and Carmen).

My story is not one that is common and yet it is. I am not special nor do I want to be seen as special. I am exactly like you. I breathe in air and exhale it. My heart beats just as yours. The blood in my system circulates just like yours. I was born into this world just like you were. The only difference maybe that you were born a boy and I a girl. If you were born a girl there is hardly anything that separates us.

Life loves to bring you down. Because the paths of life they are not what we hope them to be. They are rarely what we believe them to be. They are not always what we imagined as little kids looking up to the sky beyond ourselves, beyond our parents, beyond our life. The paths of life are very hard to travel. Sometimes we just can't seem to find a way out.

Truth is life sucks. Life is not fair even for those who have never even done anything to deserve it. Bad things happen every day. Hundreds die every day be it by a weapon or a disease. Some even die because they slept with a piece of gum at night and choked in their sleep, or because they got tangled in their sheets. Some trip and hit their heads only to die hours later due to it. Some die saving others. Some are granted the chance to die peacefully in their sleep. Some end their life because they can no longer find a reason to keep on battling with life.

The thing is that yes life sucks. Hell, no one is lucky enough to live a life where you don't shed a tear or feel sadness at one point. We are born crying or give our first cry when we need something. We experience death every day. Plants die. We kill insects every day when walking or seeing them in our homes or near us (spiders and ants I'm talking to you. If you wanna live do not come near me). Kids die because they don't have proper health care or because of negligence from the people who are supposed to take care of them, to watch out for them. No one can escape it.

Some have more than others. That will never change. Some have more materialistic things. Some have more love and support be it moral or financial. Some have more faith. But it doesn't change the fact that you and everyone else is in a constant battle with life.

See life is a game designed for you to fail. You can either let it win or you can fight. It's a very hard battle. Life throws things at you that break you. It brings you to your knees crying and begging for it to end. The tears and pain mean nothing to it. You are just another player in the game. You can be replaced in a snap. To life you don't matter. As soon as it is done with you there is another one in your place who has its attention. You are forgotten instantly.

There are those who leave a mark. The greatest minds are never forgotten. The actions of some people are never forgotten. We continue to talk about those who died thousands of years ago because they impacted our existence because they found a way to beat the game. They may no longer be with us but they didn't let life win entirely.

Life is a brutal game, and yet here you are reading all of this. You are still in the game. You are not winning. You are not losing. You are playing. Every second, every hour of every day you are playing. You march on because you want things to change or stay the same. You keep playing because you have to or because you love the challenge. You want to beat the crap out of the game that it gives you great satisfaction when you see life is no match for you. You are the better player. The competitor to look out for. You are the one challenging life.