Doing the right thing

Max POV
Even after her saying yes to my proposal, I feel like I should still give her a right proposal but first I need to ask her dad for her hand in marriage just like I would love the guy who will marry my daughter to ask me. I'm so nervous what if he hates me or worse say no.
Lol what am I saying I don't care.
Humm yes you do you like her admit it .
After a long hard argument with my self I finally got the balls to go to him. So I drove down to her house scared and afraid of what he will say. When I got there I knocked on the door for about 5 min before someone actually came.
"How may I help you" Mr Gonzalez said.
Max:  "Sir you don't know who I am ,  so I will introduce myself my name is Maximilian and I'm your daughter boyfriend and would love to marry her. "
Mr Gonzalez: "Okay young men let talk come in."
After a good thirty minutes of talk I finally got to the point.
Max: " sir I'm in love with your daughter and will really love it if you can give her to me in marriage , I promise to love and protect her , to never letting anything bad happen to her and to be the best husband for her and......"
Mr Gonzalez: "Look young man I get it but the funny thing is my daughter never mentioned she had a boyfriend , let alone someone that serious."
Max: hmmm.....( nervously running his hand through his hair) well...