TEN

Dear Diary,

I should have known. Danial didn't even call me. Instead he asked Dahlia to call me. Pfft!!

Nevertheless, I've an interview this coming Monday. I have no clue of the job scope but it should not be such a difficult job right?

Dahlia did mentioned Danial wishing me luck though. :)

Dahlia decided to cancel our plans this weekend due to personal reasons. I'll probably rot at home till next meet up session.

Love,
S.H.

---

Danial

"Lia, have you spoken to her?" Danial asked Dahlia calling her by her nickname. He took out a carton of milk from the fridge, poured himself a bowl of milk and cereal, and sat opposite of Dahlia.

"Yes, I did," Dahlia said as she flipped through the magazine in front of her. Her bowl of cereal was left untouched.

"Why aren't you eating? It'll get soggy."

"I like it soggy remember?" Dahlia placed the magazine on the table and started digging in, relishing the sweetness of the fruity flavor of the cereal. "And if you're interested to know. Sofea will attend the interview on Monday. I hope she didn't get lost."

Danial slapped his forehead. "I forgot she's new to Singapore. Why don't you accompany her?"

"Why should I?" Dahlia raised her eyebrow at her brother. Danial looked distress at the thought of Sofea getting lost in a small city. Singapore was a small red dot on the map after all, even if you got lost, you would definitely manage to get un-lost. "Anyway, I have a meeting for the year end project. I can't help her. Why don't you accompany her instead? You seemed to be really interested in Sofea."

Danial rolled his eyes at his sister's teasing. Once Dahlia started, she would go on and on.

He decided to ignore her and continued eating. Just as he was about to finish up his bowl of milk, his phone rang. He stood up and went over to the TV console for his phone.

It was his mother.

"Danial could you help me bring up all the groceries up?"

"Where are you Umi?"

"I'm on the way home. Your dad got a customer so he's not sending me home. I'm in the taxi right now and I'll be there in 5 minutes."

He ended the call and washed up his bowl and spoon. He put on a T-shirt over his singlet and went down to wait for his mother. As he was waiting, his phone rang. Thinking it was Farah, he answered the call without looking at it.

"I'm under the block right now. Where are you?"

"Uh?" A deep voice questioned over the phone. "It's me, Raihan."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I thought my mum called," Danial chuckled as he gave salam. "So what's up?"

"I was thinking if I can get Sofea's contact number," Raihan said over the phone.

Immediately Danial's feelings tinged with jealousy. He took a breath and asked, "Whatever for?"

"So I can liaise directly with her with regards to the interview."

Danial had known Raihan since they went to university together. Although they weren't in the same course, Danial taking up Psychology while Raihan took up Mechanical Engineering, they clicked well. The moment they were introduced during a friendly soccer match, they were always seen together.