Chapter 8 - Helping

Hannah's POV

The sound of my fingers impatiently tapping on my desk was starting to drive even me mad. I could only imagine how everyone else in class felt. Since many of them were werewolves it must have been driving them mad. Since I felt at least one pair of eyes on my nerves only grew worse and the tapping continued. 

After the small confrontation the previous day I just knew that everyone had questions and I couldn't say that I was very interested in answering. The fact that I had basically disappeared and not talked to anyone probably only made everyone more curious, including Damon. 

Speaking of Damon. He clearly didn't underatand the concept of school. The entire previous afternoon I hadn't heard a single word from him, but as soon as second period had started to roll around my phone hadn't stopped buzzing. Because of this annoying inconvenience I had been forced to turn my phone off, especially after the looks I was getting from Mr Harris. 

"Mr. Harris, can I use the bathroom, please?" The words suddenly brought me out of my anxious thoughts. It had been Scott's friend, the one who's name I didn't know. After having been excused by the teacher he was out of the room. 

I was just about to get back to my obnoxious tapping shen my eyes passed by Scott and I saw his facial expression. To put it simply, it wasn't good. For whatever reason Scott looked as if his friend going to the bathroom was dangerous. Scott's eyes then met mine for just a second, before something seemed to light a spark in him and he was on his feet.

"I have to go to the bathroom too!" It wasn't exactly a valiant effort, but at least Scott tried. The teacher wasn't having the excuse though, insisting that he could wait until his friend got back. From the alarming look on Scott's face he disagreed, but only internally as he got back in his seat. His whole behavior freaked me out a little bit and what was the worst was that I kind of liked it... It was like a kick for a drug addict. I could just see the trouble and I knew that there was something going on and a small part of me craved to be involved. I hated that part of myself because I knew, I really knew, how much I just wanted to stay out of it all. 

It didn't take long for the mysterious trouble to reveal itself as the whole class was soon reached by the sound of some ruckus outside the classroom. Mr. Harris didn't protest as the whole class followed him to see what was going on. I went with everyone, even though I knew that whatever had happened wouldn't look too good and that Mr. Harris wouldn't like what he would see. I was right.

"What is this? What's going on?" I took in the sight in front of me as the teacher blew up. Aiden's twin was on the floor, all bloody and beaten. Scott's friend stood right in front of him, looking pretty shocked as he seemed to realize what was going on. I wouldn't have put it past him to actually have hurt the twin, but by the look on his face I was fairly certain that he hadn't caused those injuries. However, he looked pretty guilty and there wasn't anything he could say that would exonerate him.  

By the look of it, the teacher would probably be busy with the two teens for the rest of the class. As I came to that realization I started to back away from the rest of my class. If I got away quickly I might've been able to avoid Scott for a little bit longer. I knew that I was only prolonging the inevitable, but that didn't mean that I wouldn't try until I was unable to run anymore. 

Not really knowing where else to go, I decided that I would just head outside for some fresh air. It could maybe help clear my head and if I was lucky enough I could possibly come up with a way to not feel as if every problem was rushing over me without me being able to control or handle any of it. 

"Why didn't you tell me that there were werewolves here?" So, I wasn't that lucky. I turned my head towards the sound and saw Damon standing at the bottom of the stairs, leading out of the school. I sighed slightly, feeling as if I once again had to face something I didn't want to face.