Chapter 7 - Worlds Collide

Hannah's POV

It seemed as if the Argents had decided that one day was the amount of time he decided to give me to myself. It was slightly surprising that both Allison and Chris hadn't bothered me the previous night when the two had gotten home. They had actually both given me space to myself and when I had snuck out of my room later at night neither came out to talk to me, even though I was positive that they must have heard the microwave going off when I, for a second, forgot that I was supposed to not make any noise. 

"Hannah, could you please sit down while Allison and I explain a few things?" Chris sounded surprisingly calm and patient as I came into the kitchen. I listened to his request, even though I didn't feel that compelled to actually listen to what he had to say. After the information dump I had gotten the previous day from both Derek and Klaus it felt quiet useless getting something explained to me again. The fact that they were hunters also gave me some mixed feelings. The hunters I had come across, including my own family, had never really been that selective when it came to what creatures to hunt. Usually they only saw all supernatural beings as bad and actual personality and morals never mattered. 

"What you saw the other day must have shocked you and I know that you might feel like just suppressing it, but I just need to tell you that you are not in danger and that if you want to talk to us we would really appreciate it. Just know that you don't have anything to worry about and we only want you to be okay." I was shell-shocked for more than a few moments. I had expected a whole, in-dept explanation of what had happened. I was pretty happy that it wasn't what I got. 

"Thanks guys, but I'm fine. I'll come to you if I need something, but right now I just want to have a casual and boring day at school", I told them with a crooked smile as I slid of the stool I had sat down on. Allison and Chris gave each other concerned looks but stayed quite since they had promised me that they wouldn't press me on the subject. 

I went on as if I hadn't seen their looks and opened the fridge. After having gotten some breakfast in me I headed back to my room to get ready for the day. Even though I wasn't the most fashionable human being in existence I would not go to school in my pajamas. However, the longer I thought about it, the better it sounded. Non the less, I had to settle for some ripped jeans and a plain grey sweater. 

"Are you ready to go, Hannah?", Allison wondered from outside my room. I looked at my phone and noticed that there was plenty of time before school started so even though Allison clearly wanted to leave, I had no reason to hurry.

"No, but you can head to school! I'll just drive there myself", I told her as I picked up my hairbrush and tried to untangle the mess that was my hair. At first I got no answer but I also didn't hear the sound of her retreating steps. 

"Are you sure?", Allison then asked, as if she was unsure that she should even be asking the question. I sighed slightly at how she was so obviously trying to tip to around me without actually asking me what she wanted to ask. 

"Yeah! I'm not ready yet and it doesn't really matter, I mean we could head home together either way since Chris will be giving you a ride, right?" I shouted through the door, while trying to sound as optimistic as possible. I knew that Allison still suspected that I was trying to avoid her and Chris. While that wasn't entirely true, I did kind of want a few moments to myself so that I could at least to settle down and maybe get some friends that were normal. 

"Okay, but just remember what we said before." After a reassuring answer from me, Allison finally left with Chris. I put down my brush and got to fixing up my make up. While doing so I couldn't help but think about the fact that I would probably have to tell everyone about my own secrets. I was not really into that idea, not because it was hard but because I knew that it would become this huge thing. If it came up I would handle it, but it was definitely a conversation I wouldn't instigate on my own.