Chapter Nine

~ Eleanor

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating loudly. Not a really great way to be woken up on a Saturday morning. I sighed, unplugging my phone from the charger. I unlocked it and saw that my messages and missed calls were spammed. Seriously, 47 messages Danielle, 4 messages from Louis and 8 missed calls from Danielle. 

I bit my lip as I called Dani first because it's obvious that she desperately needs to talk to me. Right after one ring she picked it up. Wow, this girl needs to chill.

"ELEANOR CALDER!" was the first thing my dear Dani said (shouted). I made a face at my phone as I pulled it away from my ear, because honestly her voice will damage my ear.

"Good morning to you too!" I said.

I could feel her rolling her eyes. "Seriously El, I have something to say. I've been waiting for you to reply me for like two hours."

"I was sleeping."

"Okay fine. The damn media has published about you, Louis and Maxine. It's EVERYWHERE, newspapers, magazines, twitter, facebook, every site that exists. It's terrible, El. Now people has the idea that Louis is a cheater. I miss you by the way."

I inhaled and exhaled before speaking. "Are you serious?"

"Seriously."

"But why didn't their management put a stop on this? I mean they don't want to make it look like Louis  ' a cheater, don't they?"

"I don't know, El. All I know now is that Louis' terribly upset, he doesn't even want to eat or go out from his room, I mean his twitter is now full of hate. But some fans don't believe the news and are trying to cheer Louis up by tweeting him nice things. That's really nice and all but geez, there are still so many haters. He tweeted something saying that it's just a rumor and it isn't true, but you know how some people don't believe and make things complicated and all. I'm just worried for him, Eleanor."

I bit my lip, hard. I had a feeling this will happen. I didn't want to expect it though. Right now, all I want is to meet Louis and talk to him. Cheer him up. Talk to their management. Just, anything to make all this stop. Because seeing and knowing that Louis Tomlinson is really upset right now hurts me. 

"I'm... I'm pretty sure my twitter is full of hate, too, right?" I mumbled. I don't really care about the people hating on me. 

"Uh yes. Just don't mind them, 'kay? Don't be like Louis, oh my god. I can't bear to see you and Louis feeling this way. The vacation's ruined now. The boys are all feeling worn out trying to cheer Louis up. Maxine's gone home. She said she doesn't want to see Louis right now."

That bitch. Her boyfriend is feeling depressed right now, she should be helping on making Louis okay. But no, she dragged that selfish ass of hers home and claimed that she doesn't wanna see him when it's all HER fault. 

So many things happened in one day... "I'm going to call Louis now," I muttered. 

"Okay, that's a great idea. I'm 100% sure he'll want to talk to you right now. I love you babe," Dani said.

"I love you too," I replied, and hang up.

I pressed Louis' number and waited for him to pick it up. 

"Louis?"

"Hi, El," his voice sounded soft and tired.

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"You're not. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For all this... I mean I'm partly the reason why these things are happening right now."

"No. You didn't do anything. You've been my best friend since forever, and we have the right to act like best friends. The media is just overreacting and they just love making small things a big deal."

I smiled. 

"But... Eleanor. I, um... Can we skype?"

"Sure, wait I'll just log in..." 

"Okay."

I logged in on Skype, and tapped Louis' name. I pressed the video call button and waited for his face to appear. Finally, his face appeared on the screen and I smiled. His face looked really worn out though, his hair wasn't combed properly. But he still looks perfect.

"Hi Ellie the elephant," he smiled widely. 

"Well hello there," I grinned, I'm so happy to just see him smile, especially during this situation. 

Just seeing him smile makes me feel a whole lot better. 

"I have something to tell you," he said, his face suddenly turned anxious.

"Oh, okay," I replied, also feeling anxious myself. 

"I want to break up with Maxine."

"Oh."

"I can't take it anymore. She constantly makes me feel worse rather than make me smile. I don't feel happiness whenever I'm with her. I'm not in love with her anymore. That isn't 'love' now, is it?" 

I swallowed. "If you're crying more than smiling, then... I wouldn't consider that as love, to be honest with you. But, are you sure about this? Don't you want to talk to her first and give her a chance?" 

"Yes, I'm sure... No, I've talked to her several times but she's still like that. She doesn't deserve a second chance." 

"Okay... Do it, if you really want to."

"There's one more thing, El."

"What is it?"

"I think, the half of the rumour's true."

"W-What do you mean?"

"I think I love you, Eleanor Calder. More than as a best friend. I was wondering... if you ever feel the same way about me. Do you?"