Chapter Eight

A/N: Sorry guys. I'm having a massive writer's block for the past few weeks... I don't know what to write next, and all. And school is really stressful rn, so many homeworks, going home as late as 7pm, studying for the upcoming exams, etc. So forgive me if I have not updated for centuries. :(( Tbh, I was considering to delete this story, or just delete this whole account because I literally have no time to write, but I'm not sure, I love Wattpad :( But yeah, sorry. But don't worry, I'll try to write as many chapters I could when I have free time. So yeah, anyway, that's about it.

I'm sorry if ya think this chapter suckss...:/

~*~*~*~*~

~ Eleanor

"Honey, wake up, we're in France already!"

I opened my eyes slowly, and let out a yawn. Wow, it's been 8 hours already? That was fast, well, I was asleep the whole time. I wearily stood up and helped my parents to take the luggages. I was struggling on carrying mine, since I'm not really that fit, cause you know, I'm a lazy ass who doesn't exercise.

I let out a sigh, and followed my parents out of the plane. So. This is it, then, huh? We're going to live in France now, I'm gonna be 8 hours away from my loved ones everyday for the rest of my life? Thinking about that makes me want to throw up. No, not throw up. More like sleep forever until I'm back in London.

It's not seriously fair. I mean, why would my parent's bussiness came to the point where they needed them to move out of the country and practically change our lives? Urgh, isn't that just stupid. Well, for me, it is. They didn't even talk to me about it properly! Can't my parents just change their jobs? Hah, like they're ever gonna do that.

My parents are lawyers, and they really love their jobs. They both grew up wanting to be successful lawyers, and now, they're one. They even wanted me to be a lawyer too, but no, that's not my dream. My dream is to become an artist, and that is why I insisted my parents to at least listen to me about going to Paris College of Arts when they told me we're gonna move here in France.

My train of thoughts were interrupted by one and only mother, who happened to be calling me for like 3 times yet I was still daydreaming, so now she's annoyed and I don't really like when she's annoyed because then she won't buy me Starbucks (I'm currently broke at the moment), so yeah 'nuff said.

"Eleanor, are you ever listening to me?" Mom shook her head disbelievingly and she sighed.

"Yup," I lied.

"So, tell me what I just told you."

"Umm... We're going back to London?" I grinned.

She raised her eyebrow. "El, how many times do I have to tell you that the reason why we're here is because--"

"-of your job. I know, mom, I know," I cut her off, annoyed. She sighed and shook her head before turning to talk to my father.

I wonder what Louis and the rest are doing now... probably having fun. I'm so jealous of them right now, let me tell you. Ugh.

~ Louis

Having a summer vacation without Eleanor is really boring. I have no one to make fun of, no one to talk to. I was really pumped about this 3 week vacation because I'm gonna be spending summer with my best friend, friends and family, but nope, her family decided to move out of the country right in the middle of our vacation.

Why now, of all time?

I saw Danielle across the room, I'm currently in the living room right now with Liam and Zayn. Niall and Harry are buying soft drinks and snacks, while Maxine is at the shower. Danielle looked like she's about to cry anytime now, while fidgeting with the hem of her dress. I feel sorry for her, her one and only best friend is now thousands of kilometers away from her. I exhaled, wondering what I could do to make Danielle's day brighter.

Suddenly, a light bulb appeared on my head. "Guys, want to Skype with El?!" I asked them excitedly.

They turned to look at me, a grin plastered on their faces.

"Good idea, mate," Liam said with a cheerful smile. Well, we have nothing better to do, just laying around watching The Avengers over and over. Pretty lame when we're at a beach house right now, I know.

"Okay, wait a sec," I said as I dashed across the room to take my laptop. Once I got back in my seat in the sofa, I logged in on Skype, texted Eleanor on my phone to ask her if she could chat, and waited for a reply.

Two minutes later, my phone beeped.

To: Louis

From: El <3

Sure, I'll be loggin in on skype now, see u later :p x

I smiled, giving Liam, Zayn and Danielle a thumbs up to indicate that El has agreed. Danielle, without hesitation, jumped from her seat and sat beside me. Well, she's smiling now, I guess I did a great job.

~ Eleanor

"Helloooo!" I shouted cheerily, waving at the camera. On the screen, I could see Louis, Danielle, Liam and half of Zayn's face. I giggled at them as they tried to imitate my cheery greeting.

"Heellooo!" Louis squeaked, who was supposed to imitate my voice, but sadly failed.

"Hey, I didn't sound like that!" I protested.

"Yees, yoou doo!" he squeaked again.

"No, I don't, you sounded like a mouse."

"So that means you sound like a mouse."

"That's mean." I argued lamely.

"Not really. You once put mayonnaise all over my hair, I am pretty sure that's meaner."

I was shocked. "That was when we were seven! And it's because you 'effin put gummy bears all over my homework so I could have an excuse for not doing homework because 'my gummy bears ate my homework'," How could he even remember that? I was happy though, that he still does remember the things we've done. I laughed. 

He burst out laughing, with Liam, Zayn and Danielle laughing in the background. All of their faces are turning the same colour as beet root, with Louis doubling over with laughter. I put on an annoyed face, staring at them for what seems like decades.

"Okay, okay, enough," I rolled my eyes.

Once they calmed themselves, I said, "Anyway, how are you all? What're you doing?"

"Pretty boring without you," Louis said.

"Your summer vacation can't be that boring without me, can it?" I chuckled.

"It is, actually," Dani sighed.

Louis also sighed, and said, "Yeah. We don't really have anyone to make fun of now."

"If only I could smack your face right now...," I huffed, as they laughed.

"But anyway, how's your trip? Where are you now?" Liam piped in.

"Well. I'm in our new apartment now. I swear, Paris is amazing. But, Maxine tweeted something that definitely crossed the line," I exhaled.

Their faces fell. I assumed they saw it too.

"I'm sorry, El," Louis suddenly said. I raised my brow.

"For what?"

"Because Maxine tweeted that..."

"It's not your fault, it's hers."

"What will the media say now?" Zayn said, his face shows a sign of anxiety.

"Louis, I'm pretty sure the media will think you're cheating on Maxine... with El," Liam mumbled worriedly.

"I know." Louis replied.

"What now, guys?" I asked. I'm really worried for Louis. Once the news is published, God knows what will happen.

"You boys can just say in the interview that you've been in a small argument with Maxine, and that everything's fine now," Dani suggested.

"We'll try," Louis sighed.

"I'm pretty sure everything will be okay," I assured. But they know everything will not be okay. I'm pretty sure it won't, too.

But who knows?