A Modern Belle Chapter 8-- The End!

A/N: Hey guys, This is gonna be the last chapter in the story, so... sorry! **runs and hides** No one try to murder me! Sowwy guys! So if you want to read more of my stuff, you can read Survivor's Guilt or Just a Kiss... please read it? Anywhoo, don't forget to vote/comment/fan! And this chapter's dedication goes to soccerrox96, for making the awesome cover to this book! Luv ya all! Mika <3

------------------------------------------------One Week Before Prom------------------------------------------------

         All my friends and I were in a prom dress shop, and they had all found their perfect dresses quickly. But, I was still looking. Grr. “Hey, Callista, it's okay, maybe your dress just isn't here,” my best friend, Blake, reassured me.

“Maybe you're right, maybe it's not,” I agreed. “But can we just look through the store one more time?” I asked with my most pleading look in my eyes. Blake grinned. “Sure, Callista.” Blake and the rest of my friends went one way, and I went the other, all on my own. I carefully through the racks, but there wasn't anything I hadn't tried on. “Yah!” I exclaimed in frustration.

“Callista,” I heard Blake call my name, and she sounded as if she were in awe.

“Yeah?” I called and hurried towards where Blake's voice was coming from. She was standing in front of a gorgeous hot pink dress. “Oh, my God!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, I know right?” Rachael asked.

“So what are you waiting for? Try it on!” Blake shrieked.

“Okay, okay!” I grinned. I took the pink dress off of the rack, and my friends and I all hustled into the dressing rooms. Blake shoved me into the first open dressing room. “Okay, go!” she screamed. I quickly stripped out of my clothes, and I slipped the dress up my body, and I gasped. “Callista, get outta there! Let us see!” Rachael whined. I unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open and walked out. There was a sharp intake of breath from everyone. “Oh, my God!” Blake was the first one to speak... as always. I slowly turned in a full circle. “Dude, that's awesome!” Emma exclaimed.

“I know!” I squealed. I looked down at the dress. Right under my chest, an upside-down triangle made of diamonds dripped off, and the dress starts getting less fitted and more... swoopy. (A/N: don't lecture me about how that's not a word, I really can't think of anything better right now! XP) At the bottom of the dress, the right side came up about a foot and layered over the left side, so there was a half foot or so slit at the bottom. It was strapless, and it definitely showed off my tan skin. My dark brown hair fell in long sheets down my back and shoulders. It had a sweetheart neckline, and I loved it. “I am so getting this,” I stated.

“You better,” Rachael and Blake said at the same time. I laughed and went back into the dressing room. I slipped the dress carefully down my body, and I hung it on its hanger like a priceless roll of silk. I put on my shorts and tank top, relieved to be into 'normal' clothes after trying so many dresses on. I walked out of the walking room with my dress in hand, and we all paid for our dresses.

After we walked out of the boutique, we all piled into Rachael's Lincoln Navigator... classy right? And Rachael drove us to our next destination... the shoe store. “I already know what I need for my dress,” I said.

“I do, too,” Blake agreed.

“I want your opinion first.”

“Fine... silver stilettos!” she exclaimed.

“My thoughts exactly!” You see, this is why Blake and I are BFF's.

“You need those stilettos, too,” said Rachael from the driver's seat.